Medical Records Officer
Circle Health Group
Darlington, County Durham
- Woodlands Hospital – Darlington
Medical Records Officer
The Woodlands Hospital in Darlington is part of Circle Health Group, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics, performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Circle Health Group are proud to be recognised as one of the UK’s 25 best big companies to work for and one of the 10 best companies to work for in the health and social care sector.
We have an opportunity for a Medical Records Officer to join their team of staff in the Medical Records department.
This is a Full-time role for 37.5 hours a week. Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- Previous experience in a Hospital setting
- Working within a team
- Customer service experience
- Previous administration experience would be preferred
Duties of this role include:
- It is the role of the Medical Records Officer to provide a comprehensive set of Medical notes to include both Inpatient and Outpatient activity for the complete patient journey, namely the Single Patient Record (SPR) within the agreed Hospital SLA. To store, file and track the records both in and out of the Department in line with local process.
- To provide upon request notes for Clinical Governance, Audits, Secretaries and Consultants, following the Information Security Policy. The Medical Records Officer is responsible for the handling of confidential information and should follow guidelines at all times.
- Operate strictly within Data Protection Act legislation and data protection policies
- Preparation of Medical Records for Outpatient Clinics, Pre Assessment clinics, Telephone Pre Assessments and Admissions within the agreed SLA and according to local process and acute attention to detail
Salary & Benefits
Circle Health Group is committed to offering competitive starting salaries and access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service
- Private Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Scheme for treatment at our hospitals, covering pre-existing medical conditions
- Friends & Family Hospital Discounts
- Family Friendly policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption pay
- Non-contributory life insurance
- Staff engagement hub with access to discounts and extensive rewards and voluntary benefits
- Access to resources, tools and services to support your wellbeing
- Employee recognition programmes
- Industry leading training and development opportunities
…and much more!
“Our culture is a result of the way our people live and breathe our philosophy, which combines our purpose, principles and values.
To find out more about the Circle Health Group Philosophy: https://careers.circlehealthgroup.co.uk/why-circle/our-philosophy”