We are currently recruiting for an onsite Mechanic, working Monday – Friday, offering a competitive salary, and a company pension scheme, full unfiorm and PPE is also supplied.
Reporting directly to the VMU Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring all fleet vehicles are in a road worth condition and that service operations are maintained by inspecting and maintaining vehicles. Also ensuring full compliance with company policies and procedures and any legal requirements at all times.
As our Mechanic, you will be:
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of company vehicles
- Ensuring the daily control and monitoring of driver defects, ensuring the fleet is legally compliant
- Responsible for ensuring preventative maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters, is kept up to date on fleet vehicles
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems
- Complying with any legal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and any control standards
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs in line with company policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Keeping company fleet vehicles operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Maintaining fleet costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders and verifying receipt
- Advising your line Manager and relevant Transport Manager of work required to ensure vehicle is in a road worthy condition
- Understanding and adhering to the company policy and procedures
- Supporting the fleet team as required
- Proactive approach to preventative maintenance
What we are looking for in our Mechanic:
- Full UK driving licence
- Must have a relevant technical motor mechanic qualification
- A demonstrable understanding of vehicle maintenance practices and procedures
- Full HGV license would be advantageous
- Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of current health and safety, Environmental and Road Transport legislation
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A good accuracy level is essential
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required
- Organise own workload and have ability to balance priorities
- Taillift and fridge maintenance experience would be advantageous
- Strong negotiator/ Challenging nature.
- Previous experience dealing with Daf/man desirable
- Financially conscious
- To be flexible to cover sickness and holidays, as necessary
- To carry out any other task that is reasonable and within your skill set as business needs dictate
Benefits of becoming our Mechanic
- Excellent working conditions
- Personal development and training opportunities
- Excellent rates of pay
- Company pension contribution
- Onsite parking
Moran Logistics are a dynamic and growing business within the chilled distribution arena who work with customers to provide tailor made, cost effective distribution solutions. As a business we are passionate about our customers and value our people, their importance and engagement in making our business a success.
If you think you’ve got what it takes and would like to join our team, please click 'Apply’ now.