Manufacturing – Production Assistant
– £9.75 then £10.10 per hour when fully trained plus benefits.
Looking for a secure, permanent, and rewarding role?
Open to learning a new skill?
… then work for an organisation voted one of the top five retail companies to work for in the UK!
Our Manufacturing centre in Birstall, Leicestershire are looking for a 38.5 hour a week Production Assistant, to work from 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and 7:30am – 12pm on a Friday. The Hourly Rate is £9.75 per hour to start, when with the company for 18 months rate will be £10.10 per hour plus benefits.
This a very manual role which will involve long times on your feet, measuring heavy made to measure curtains on a measuring frame top to bottom with great care and patience.
Want to know more?
Here at Dunelm, we don't just sell great value furnishings, we make them too! We are proud to be one of the few UK companies with an in-house world class manufacturing operation.
We produce beautiful bespoke window treatment and accessories for our customers, finished to a high standard. Every product we create, whether it's our made-to-measure curtains and blinds, or stunning cushions and tie backs, are all tailored around the needs of our individual customers.
You will gain an understanding into how each product is created from start to finish and become familiar with the product life-cycle. You will develop skills and the ability to manage workload through our automated systems, problem solve and become a polite and skill-full colleague.
All we ask...
… is that you're an Individual with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn. It's vital that you're looking for work in a productive team environment.
Ideally you would have worked as a Production Assistant in the past in a similar industry.
A good eye for detail is imperative as all of our bespoke items are completely unique and we want people to join us who are passionate about our customers and the products we create.
You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as you will be measured on hourly, daily and weekly production targets. Knowledge and previous experience from the textiles/hosiery industry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
What's in it for you?
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days.
- 6 Weeks Training with ongoing coaching.
- Days off so you can celebrate your Birthday and also when you move ‘Home’ so you can get settled in.
- Family leave – Maternity and paternity leave.
- A cool 15% discount on all Dunelm products, in-store and online to help make your house a 'Home'.
- Amazing Internal colleague network groups where our colleagues are empowered to create environments where everyone can feel at Home and communicate.
- Contribution to your pension scheme for the twilight years.
- Fantastic sharesave option where colleagues can buy Dunelm shares on a monthly basis at a discounted rate to build up an investment for that rainy day.
- Cycle to work scheme to help keep colleagues fit and help with air pollution, travel costs, tax and national insurance.
- Continuous training and ongoing coaching so colleagues feel confident and in control of their role.
- A caring and diverse colleague wellbeing support which includes access to our colleague financial support fund, an online medical GP and counselling support which is provided by our partnership with Retail Trust.
- Tonnes of genuine career opportunities and the support to grow your career through the business as each individual colleague wishes to.
And many more… plus discounts and cashback from restaurants, cinema, hotels and fashion retailers!
Dunelm is committed to becoming a fully inclusive business that is representative of our customers and locations. We recognise the value in diversity and welcome applications from all candidates regardless of sex, age, race, religion, ability, gender or sexual identity, socio-economic background or education. We are committed to making Dunelm a place where everyone can enjoy a successful career and have systems in place to support all our staff. We are seeking applications from candidates who share our values and celebrate diversity in all its forms.