James Fisher and Sons plc.
St. Helens, Merseyside
Hybrid working available
Scantech Offshore is looking to recruit a Management Accountant qualified or part qualified to work on a permanent basis either from our office in the North West (St Helens) or Great Yarmouth.
Within this role, you will be working closely with key operational management to provide financial support to current and recently won projects.
You will be responsible for the reporting, management information but also adding value through business partnering with the wider projects and commercial team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter seeking to work with an organisation from a grass roots level, ensuring that current processes and controls are fit for purpose whist implementing improvements where necessary.
Scantech Offshore are one of the busiest and fastest growing operating companies within the James Fisher group of companies and this provides an excellent opportunity to get involved on a permanent basis.
ScanTech is a leading service provider to the energy, resources, renewables and oil & gas markets worldwide.
To become the highest quality and best value air & stream service provider of first choice for the global energy industry.
Our core purpose:
Our mission is to deliver solution focused services with the provision of outstanding equipment and personnel.
To improve the profitability of our customers through outstanding services in equipment reliability and the provision of the best people.?
As a Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Take responsibility for the timely completion of information for the Monthly Management Accounts
- Aid to develop both the budgeting and forecasting processes for projects.
- Support the project team to ensure projects are run according to group policy and financial standards.
- Report on project variances against baseline and forecast.
- Supporting a variety of financial projects designed to improve current processes and systems.
- Support in areas such as annual, project, and internal audit process.
- Continuously seek to develop and enhance existing project reporting practices across the division.
- Support the wider finance function, to aid in the delivery of accurate financial and
We are looking for qualified or part qualified Management Accountants with strong analytical skills. You must be able to communicate effectively across levels within the business and finance and non-finance stakeholders.
It’s important that you can build key relationships quickly and be self-motivated to work effectively unsupervised.
You must also have intermediate levels of MS Excel skills and an understanding of accounting for projects including accrued and deferred revenue and cost accruals Earned Value and IFRS15.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Be part/newly qualified either CIMA or ACCA.
- Be very ambitious to grow career and with a defined career path available to Senior Accountant role
- Be independent and proactive
- Ability to recommend best practice process improvements.
- Experience of dealing with multiple currencies
- Experience of using full ERP system
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Office including advanced level Excel skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure in order to meet internal and external reporting deadlines and requirements
- Be proactive in approach and have the ability to discharge responsibilities within your delegation
- Build strong working relationships across all aspects of the business.
Working for us:
We offer a number of benefits including Group Personal Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and our popular Flexible Working Scheme which helps out our working parents and employees that may need to start work later or leave work earlier.
In addition, you will be eligible for the company bonus scheme.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our vacancies, on occasion applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment’
If this sounds like the next step in your career, then click ‘apply’ now.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role
James Fisher and Sons plc and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James Fisher group please visit our website.