Learning Support Assistant – HMYOI
Feltham, Greater London
“Shaw Trust promotes team spirit, inclusiveness and it is an organisation where everybody is somebody. I am proud to be part of this great organisation.”
At Shaw Trust we believe everyone has the right to live a decent and dignified life and an opportunity for rewarding work. We are a social purpose organisation challenging inequality and breaking down barriers to enable social mobility.
For us being part of the solution is about creating the conditions for this to happen, advocating and delivering services that make a real difference. Working in partnership not competition, we are part of an eco-system of purpose-led organisations, striving for a fairer, more equal society centred on opportunity for all.
Learning Support Assistant (Part Time) – Her Majesty’s Young Offenders Institute Feltham
£22,880 – £28,080 (Pro-rata)
To support young persons in overcoming barriers to learning they may have, and to support young persons in the acquisition of the Additional Services Provision at HMYOI Feltham. These Provisions will change and flex over time but currently include Horticulture, Cadets training, Barista training and Music.
You will have:
- Minimum Grade A-C GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths & English or equivalent education and experience
- Experience of young people and related issues
- Awareness of, and a commitment to, the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Experience of working as a member of a team and evidence of the ability to work effectively with colleagues Download the Job Description for full details.
Based in Her Majesty’s Young Offenders Institute (HMYOI) Feltham
Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am to 4:45pm (Including a 45-minute lunch break)
Our normal hours on a Monday are: 8:00am –4.45pm the post holder will be required to work half a day on Mondays.
As well as helping to make a positive difference to the lives of young people, as an employee of Shaw Trust you will have access to the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per year (plus bank holidays), with incremental increases post 3 years’ service up to 28 days, and the option to purchase additional holiday
- 2 days paid volunteering leave each year
- An enhanced pension scheme after 6 months
- Life Assurance at 3 times your annual salary rate
- Access to a suite of learning and development opportunities including paid for apprenticeship and masters’ levels qualifications, and management development programmes
- Opportunities to connect with our employee diversity networks (LGBTQ+ Support Network, Racial Equality Network, Disability Equality Network, Women’s Network)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives including internal support, employee assistance programme and health cash plan
To find out more about Shaw Trusts aims in our 2030 Strategic Directive available here: https://www.shawtrust.org.uk/content/uploads/2020/09/Vision-2030-Strategic-Directive-5-9.pdf
Join a diverse and inclusive organisation
Shaw Trust is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment, where every employee, regardless of their background or lived experience, feels that they belong and can progress in their career.
In our most recent colleague survey “86% of our colleagues say we demonstrate a true commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion”.
- We are proud to be certified as an employer who meets the National Equality Standard, the accepted standard for inclusiveness in business across the UK.
- We are Disability Confident Leaders, support the guaranteed interview scheme and use of the government’s Access to Work scheme.
- Living our values, we are keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within our organisation.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community including from people with lived experience and/or knowledge of disability or social exclusion.
If you have accessibility requirements and/or would like further information about the role, please contact: [email protected]
Shaw Trust reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient applications are received.