Lead Platform Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Sunday 26 March 2023
£81,928 – £153,615
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
In Machine Learning Platforms we design, build, and operate the bank's Machine Learning, Data Science and Analytics platforms.
As the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial bank we realise that our data is a significant business differentiator and plays a pivotal role in achieving our sustainable growth ambitions.
We're looking to further adopt sophisticated approaches to how we utilise data to interact with and service our customers backed with a £3bn investment programme.
About the team:
We're a friendly group of about 40 people with a huge passion for all things Data and Artificial Intelligence. We come from a variety of backgrounds and are united by the vision of the untapped potential of human and machine intelligence.
We want to make banking safer, faster, and more effective. We're realising a future where machine intelligence takes away repetitive manual effort and instead provides insight and direction to our colleagues – empowering them to do more with less effort.
We work flexibly with a hybrid working pattern. Our teams and colleagues balance their business and individual needs by dividing their time between home and office, with an average of 2-3 days a week in each.
*** The base salary banding for this role is £85,208 – £106,510, depending on experience – plus benefits outlined below ***
About the role:
We believe that people don't fit neatly into roles, and we value everyone's individual skills, experience, and knowledge – it's what makes you amazing!
What follows is what you might find yourself doing on an average day in our team, but your experience will depend on the team's needs as well as your own aspirations. Our goal is to help you develop in a way that fulfils you and create an environment where you can do what you enjoy.
- You'll define operational measures that accurately reflect the user experience of our current and future platforms.
- You’ll use your knowledge of platform engineering to improve the reliability of our current platforms.
- You'll develop and implement an operating model for our future platforms.
- You'll mature and automate our tooling, making us more responsive.
- You'll change how we work by discovering new tools, methods, and approaches.
- You'll coach other platform engineers and improve our effectiveness.
It's ok if one or two of these are things you're not used to. We want people who want to learn, grow and teach us something in the process.
So what experience & skills do I need to apply?
It would be essential to have the following:
Lloyds Banking Group is made up of people from a range of roles and industry backgrounds, and we’d like to talk to someone who:
- Is passionate about all things data.
- Doesn't think of white fluffy things when we say "Cloud".
- Loves to learn different technologies.
- Looks past the problem in front of them, and sees what's behind it.
- Sees tests as a tool, and not a necessary evil.
- Thinks about the customer, and not just the code.
What you'd get in return:
As a multi-brand, multi-channel business, we have the scale and breadth to provide you with a diverse range of training and development opportunities, helping you achieve a rewarding and exciting career.
Our engineering community in London is growing rapidly, which will naturally present lots of career opportunities.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture passionate about making a difference and together we make it possible.
We're also passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families. And, being disability positive, reasonable adjustments can be accommodated in our Recruitment process.
We’re simply committed to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.
You'll also receive a package that includes:
- Competitive salary with discretionary annual performance bonus
- A Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits (or take as cash)
- Private Medical Insurance and a generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- Share plans, including free shares
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top)
So, if you have a desire to work in an exciting Lead Platform Engineer role, then please get in touch we’d love to hear from you!
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group