Sanctuary provide in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values – working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
Grounds Maintenance Operative
£22,003 – £23,161 per year
40 hours per week
We pay up to £500 welcome bonus when you join Sanctuary and up to £500 per year thereafter retention bonus
We are looking for a Grounds Maintenance Operative, known internally as a Landscape Technician, to join our Estate Services team in Dundee. You will be responsible for the maintenance of communal grounds including grass cutting, trimming hedges and weeding flower beds. It will be your responsibility to ensure the grounds look presentable for any visitors. Working within a team of 3 you will cover sites across the Dundee region, with a company van and tools provided to ensure a high-quality service is given. Therefore, if you are an enthusiastic, well organised team player with good interpersonal skills this could be the role for you.
The role of Grounds Maintenance Operative will include:
- Undertaking grounds maintenance duties such as grass cutting, pruning, weed/moss treatment
- Ensuring all tools and equipment such as hedge trimmers, strimmers and all relevant hand tools are maintained in good, workable condition and are operated within a safe manner
- Providing accurate and timely information on the progress of tasks, completing daily work records as appropriate
- Complying with health and safety requirements in accordance with supplier guidelines and assessments
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience working within a similar role where operating gardening machinery is required
- Holding a pesticide application certificate PA1 – PA6 or equivalent would be desirable
- The ability to manage and prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must have held a full valid UK driving licence for 1 full year.
Sanctuary Property Services provide in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values – working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, where your wellbeing is of genuine importance, we have developed an attractive employment package. The package recognises your contribution, supports your physical, mental and financial health and gives you the flexibility to tailor your employee benefits by offering:
- 24 days annual leave plus public holidays
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Life Assurance
- Employee Volunteering scheme
- Employee Advice Service including counselling
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Voluntary health plans
- Employee discounts
- Wellbeing support and tools
- Employee recognition scheme
- £22,003 per annum (rising to £23,161 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
For more information please
Closing Date: 26 March 2023
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.