KYC Reviewer & Account Opener
Lloyds Banking Group
St Helier, Jersey
Sunday 26 March 2023
£34,767 – £38,630
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexibility in when hours are worked
Job Description Summary
A full time role working 35 hours a week based in either Jersey, Guernsey or Isle Of Man.
The Islands business is the fastest growing business in LBG so it’s a really great time to join and make a real difference.
And with an employee benefits package you can tailor to suit your lifestyle a customer service role in Lloyds Bank International brings many exciting rewards…
For starters, we'll give you a competitive starting package of c£30,000 that comes with a bonus opportunity of c5% with the potential for more.
As well as giving you the following benefits:
- Various share schemes
- A generous pension contribution starting at 9% (rising to 15%) which comes with life cover of up to 8x salary.
- Further discounts available on the weekly food shop, travel and electronics/mobile through our PerksAtWork scheme.
You’ll receive a Flex cash pot of 4%, which you can take as cash or spend on a wide range of options such as:
- Buying extra or selling holidays to suit from your 24 days leave (pro rata but including bank holidays) – ideal for half terms or that mini break.
- Extending the private medical cover you'll receive to family members.
- A Flex Card providing up to 15% discount with over 70 well known retailers.
- Tax/NI efficient electric vehicle (or bike) purchasing schemes paid through your monthly pay – we support sustainability!
We also have a number of free health and well-being offerings as well as generous parental / adoption leave policies.
So you can be sure we're investing in your future.
An exciting new role has become available supporting the Commercial KYC team in the delivery of financial crime activities relating to complex due diligence. Working in the Commercial KYC Team, you'll be acting as a subject matter expert for all client due diligence for Commercial Banking clients. You'll be responsible for appropriately managing AML risk through account opening & dedicated ongoing due diligence cyclical reviews for Islands Commercial customers and Intermediaries.
Being a member of a dedicated due diligence team providing technical subject matter expertise to assess potential and actual risk within client portfolios in order to maintain Group-wide and local policy requirements and minimum standards in accordance with agreed risk appetite. The role will require you to
- Challenge the business to ensure risks are understood, mitigated and controlled
- Monitor and report on compliance standards to internal and external stakeholders
- Undertaking ongoing due diligence and reviews for Commercial Bank clients
- Responsible for explaining and supporting with due diligence requirements to both internal clients
We just need you to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Work under pressure and apply logical thinking to problem solving
- Build & maintain internal / external relationships
- Communicate with individuals at all levels
- Take responsibility for queries / issues through to resolution
- Manage expectations of all internal and external customers
- Prioritise workloads
- Work to strict deadlines
You'll be expected to have the following skills:
- Procedural/Product/Specialist Knowledge – strong technical knowledge of AML
- Oral and Written Communication – Strong communication skills
- Organisational Awareness – Knows how to get things done and gain commitment
- Attention to Detail – Be able to complete reviews to a high standard and mitigate any risks
- Ideally with Commercial Banking experience or knowledge of Fiduciary business
What else will we provide?
- From Day 1 we’ll provide all the training and support you'll need and many of our colleagues also go on to gain industry qualifications or careers in the wider Group – there's a wealth of opportunities.
- Together we'll make it possible
- We're really passionate about diversity and equal opportunity with industry recognition across gender, ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and families.
- And just let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment processes, and we'll try to accommodate them.
- So if you enjoy helping people, and a new full time role with us appeals, then get in touch and apply today.
If you would like to know more about the role, our team and our culture here at Lloyds Banking Group please reach out to Jo Taylor via [email protected]
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group