Ks2/3/4 Science&Pe Teacher – Full-time
Cliffe Woods, Kent
Ks2/3/4 Science&Pe Teacher – Full-time
- Pay:City of Rochester Scale £28,003 – ££42,130 + SEN
- Start Date:Apr 23 / Sep 23
- App Close Date:27/03/2023 at 10:00
“A good school with outstanding Pupil Personal Development and Leadership” Ofsted 2021
City of Rochester School is a specialist independent school for children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). We are seeking a teacher of Science and PE (preferably, other subjects may be considered) at KS2,3 and 4.
We believe that personalised teaching and learning in an autism specific environment allows pupils’ individual needs to be met and their capabilities fully realised. Our vision is powerful and ambitious.
Our ambition at City of Rochester School is for pupils to develop self-confidence, independence and resilience through an engaging and holistic curriculum. This will provide the skills, life experiences and qualifications pupils need to participate successfully in wider society
As a qualified teacher you will be highly motivated to teach children with special needs to make progress and fulfil their potential. You will have:
- relevant experience of classroom teaching and of working with children who have ASD
- knowledge of curriculum, assessment and inspection requirements
- a wider interest in working with children, young people and their parents/carers both inside and outside the classroom
- the ability to contribute positively to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure progression
- a focus on pupil outcomes and pupil progression
- to contribute to learning outside the classroom
- understanding that safeguarding all children is a top priority: to ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
You should have:
- a relevant teaching qualification
- interest in a particular area of learning or the curriculum
- experience working within an ASD setting
- a high degree of initiative and sound judgement when working with children and young people
- ability to communicate effectively with learners and their parents/carers
- ability to work with parents
- ability, patience and judgement to manage behaviour
DEVELOP YOUR TEACHING CAREER WITH US!
- Fantastic pupils
- Supportive school community
- Innovative curriculum
- Employer’s pension contribution of 8%
- All school holidays plus up to 10 additional days holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Full induction programme
- Monthly professional training and development
- 8 Inset Days with a focus on autism best practice and curriculum knowledge and development
- Career progression routes – including promotion
- Individual CPD opportunities – middle and senior leadership training
The City of Rochester School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications.
Information about the school
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged through the school office.
Now is an exciting time to join this wonderful school in its development and growth. We believe that personalised teaching and learning in an autism specific environment allows students’ individual needs to be met and their capabilities fully realised. Our vision is powerful and ambitious.
City of Rochester School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
The following policies are available on the school website:
~ Whistleblowing Poilicy