Dobbies Garden Centres
Kitchen ManagerDobbies Havant Barton's Road, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 5NA
About the role
Here at Dobbies, we want our customers to enjoy tasty food and great service in a welcoming and safe environment. Our club plus members are at the heart of what we do, so exceptional customer service and driving member loyalty is our main priority. To play an essential role in delivering this we are looking for a Kitchen Manager to join our Restaurant team. You’ll lead the kitchen team in setting best in class examples with a focus on quality and efficient food delivery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the Dobbies brand. We’ve a great team, gorgeous restaurants and serve hot breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea (so you can spend your evenings at home!).
- Leading the kitchen team ensuring strong levels of service that are efficient, within budget and compliant.
- Ensuring that our customers are presented with their meal to a high standard and on time.
- Maintaining a fully compliant kitchen with all statutory requirements of health & safety and food hygiene.
- Sparking your team’s passion for delivering the best food service and customer experience.
- Creating a fun and productive environment for everyone to enjoy the day to day operation whilst thinking ahead to ensure that all of your team have a development journey with Dobbies
- You’ll bring proven fast paced food service expertise with people management experience
- Commercial awareness and understanding of budgets, profitability from driving sales and improved ways of working.
- Ability to identify training needs. You'll be effectively coaching and training all levels ensuring our teams are delivering a first-class customer experience and safe centre environment.
- You'll act quickly and enthusiastically to changing priorities, workload and new regulations or requirements.
- Positivity managing change, you'll lead the team through each season with care and motivation to deliver the best.
- Generous annual leave entitlement. Use your holidays when you want with limited statutory days off required
- Fantastic team member discount to be enjoyed in the store, restaurant and foodhall
- Access to Wagestream where you can track your earnings in real time and access a portion before payday to cover unexpected costs
- Thriving culture; the Dobbies team are passionate, diverse and committed to our customers
- Future opportunities; We want you to be happy and challenged at Dobbies for years to come so we offer various specialised training and further learning and growth opportunities
- A free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) that helps you deal with life’s challenges.
For 150 years, the Dobbies name has stood for quality. During this time, we've been proud to provide the very best products and expert advice to gardeners throughout the UK. With over 575,000 club plus members, our main priority is exceptional customer service.
Today Dobbies is the UK's largest Garden Centre retailers with stores across Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. Naturally, we have one of the biggest and best ranges of quality plants and gardening equipment around. You don't have to be an avid gardener to enjoy Dobbies because, as well as having everything to make your garden grow, we have everything you need to simply relax and enjoy your garden – and much more.