IT Technical Support Apprenticeship
Location:Southampton , SO40 3AE
Salary:£192.50 per week
Sector:Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Application Deadline Date:28/03/2023
Working Week:Monday to Friday. 830-1700.
We are looking for somebody to join our busy IT helpdesk. The role offers variety in the tasks from day to day. This opportunity would suit anybody looking to start a career in IT sector and has an interest in IT support, Networking and Hardware.
1. Attention to detail
2. Excellent spoken and written communication skills
3. Good timekeeping
4. Ability to prioritise workload
You should be able to demonstrate a natural ability in IT and evidence this as an IT hobbyist. This, as an example, might building custom PC's.
Training to be Provided
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending
on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services
An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking
modules, devices and protocols.
Communication in Support
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Century IT has a record of developing staff via the apprenticeship route and there is a full-time role available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
No two days are ever the same, and this opportunity offers variety across a range of tasks and activities.
Some of the key day to day responsibilities are;
• Learning and becoming proficient in Support Desk I.T Systems – this will be achieved by being hands-on in the IT support triage environment. Whilst the helpdesk can be a pressured environment, you will benefit by being surrounded by experienced industry experts that will help guide and inform you.
• Repairing of I.T hardware, reinstalling operating systems and software – the role will have hardware elements to it, this will be both dealing with new kit and preparing it for new installations, but also older kit and upgrading components and installing new software versions.
• Problem solving on IT related incidents and problems – as a helpdesk engineer, one of the primary functions is to help customers solve IT incidents remotely. You will need to have the ability to show empathy whilst reassuring the customer the problem will be solved within the agree contractual SLA’s.
• Commissioning of IT and associated equipment – you will be involved in the installation of new IT kit from time to time and may require you to travel to customer sites. This will give variety to your role, and the opportunity to work in a face-to-face customer situation. You will need excellent customer service abilities and have excellent spoken communication skills.