IT Service Engineer
Glen Dimplex UK Limited
About Us – Our Business:
Glen Dimplex is a privately owned, international group headquartered in Ireland which operates across four main product areas: Heating & Ventilation, Consumer Appliances, Flame and Precision Cooling. Glen Dimplex is one of the world's leading manufacturers of electric heating appliances and is a global leader in the development and delivery of low carbon solutions for space and water heating, cooling, and ventilation. Our purpose is to be a leader in the transition to a more sustainable world. This is underpinned by our ‘Empower Now’ Sustainability strategy.
The Glen Dimplex values are important guiding principles and define the way all employees across the Group work: We Think Customer | We Care About People | We Value Innovation | We Keep It Simple.
The successful candidate will be part of the Group IT Service team reporting directly to the Group IT Service Delivery Manager.
The IT Service Engineer will provide system level support of multi-user operations systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems. They will be expected to assume full ownership and responsibility of support tickets, ensuring they are dealt with promptly, professionally and satisfactorily concluded, adhering to SLA’s.
We are seeking a focused, customer-oriented Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to develop their skill set and grow in a fast-paced work environment. The role will be primarily based in our Hedge End, Southampton office, with travel to our other sites in the wider Group. Providing opportunities to interact across all levels and departments, within the company.
The Engineer will, be exposed to a wide range of technologies, and be responsible for providing comprehensive voice, email and ticket support to the Business’, offering end user support, whilst delivering a high level of customer service.
· Responding to incoming calls or tickets as the local point of contact for clients with IT or product related problems
· Using appropriate questioning techniques to determine the root cause of reported issues
· Diagnosing, documenting and/or resolving issues by providing the appropriate resolution or following the escalation procedure
· Translating customer information into valuable and usable knowledge documentation
· Offering the customer an effortless, best in class experience.
· Recognising potential major outages and taking ownership of reporting these in a timely manner
· Responding & adapting to a changing and demanding environment
· Working in a collaborative team environment by engaging, sharing knowledge and communicating effectively
· Using available tools and resources in an appropriate manner consistent with policy and procedures
About You – Key Skills and Experience:
· Experience in a Desktop / IT Support role
Previous exposure in one or more of the following:
· Office 365
· Desktop Applications (Outlook/Teams/Excel/Word etc)
· Exchange, SharePoint, Teams & Yammer Administration
· Azure & OnPrem Active Directory
·Software Licence Administration
·IT Asset Management Administration
·Win 10/11 Desktop Support
·Experience working towards KPI's/SLA's
·Excellent communication skills: Customer Focused
·Understanding of ITIL framework