HVAC Maintenance Engineer
Glen Dimplex UK Limited
Main Purpose of Job
Glen Dimplex Group is a world leader in intelligent electric heating and renewable energy solutions, as well as holding significant global market positions in domestic appliances, cooling and ventilation. We are engaged in developing industry leading solutions in all the sectors in which we operate.
Our Service team are looking for an experienced HVAC Maintenance Engineer to carry out maintenance to various HVAC assets such as heat pumps, fan coils, ventilation systems and controls and attend call outs outside of normal working hours if required.
- Responsible for servicing different types of AC and Ventilation systems to ensure the equipment is safe to be in continued service.
- Diagnosing faults and carrying out repairs to achieve correct fault diagnostic.
- Carry out diagnostic controls issues – (full controls training will be provided) to enable correct fault diagnosis.
- Follow manufactures recommend Maintenance guidelines to ensure the equipment in service is compliant.
- Using electronic equipment to follow engineer planner and fill out site reports
- Carry out risk assessments and implement safe working practices to ensure compliance and mitigate any risk.
- Ensure all company provided tools are kept in good condition maintaining to ensure their effectiveness and fit for purpose.
- Ensure all departmental tasks and functions are undertaken in a safe manner in accordance with the company Health and Safety policies, procedures and management system to ensure compliance in line with company policies and procedures
- Develop strong customer relationships to help promote key customer focused values.
- Act as the ambassador for the company when on site, representing our values and behaviours in an appropriate manner and providing the pivotal link between customer and our service department.
This list is not exhaustive, and we may ask the employee to undertake other duties over and above those listed in the job description.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven history of working in the HVAC industry
- Full and valid Driving Licence
- Formal Qualifications in HVAC
- Good understanding of electrics and controls wiring
- Good Diagnostic skills both mechanically and electrically
- F – Gas 2079 Category 1
- IT literate and good record keeping skills
- CSCS Card
- Satisfactory DBS Check
- NVQ 2/3 within HVAC industry
- Good mechanical building services skills / knowledge
- Heat Pump Experience – though product training given
- Pasma / IPAF
- Positive can-do attitude
- Curious and always looking for ways to improve
- Able to take ownership of tasks
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- The ability to plan-ahead, set goals and organise effectively to achieve objectives
- Customer focused and driven to exceed excellence
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Team player who encourages positive communication and respect