We currently have an exciting role for a HR Manager providing an excellent opportunity to join the Moran Logistics team at our Castle Donington site. The role works days, working 40 hours per week and offers excellent rates of pay.
About the Role:
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives in line with company objectives
- Leading the company’s HR department, including employee engagement, compensation and benefits, talent management and HR information systems (HRIS)
- Liaising directly with the Leadership team and being accountable for the performance of the HR function, as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development, including succession planning
- Developing company wellbeing, health, and wellbeing policies.
- Taking oversight of the company’s culture
- Represent the HR department consistently and with professionalism.
- Give counsel and oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases with professionalism.
- Update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines and enforce organisation values.
- Lead on special projects and communicate and direct on strategy and implementation.
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR activities.
- Challenge the Leadership Team where appropriate and suggest alternative paths.
- Continuously review the responsibilities of the HR department and make bold decisions when necessary.
- Translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy, working with senior management and influencing them on the best course of action.
- Leading the analysis of employee feedback and data, with the aim of creating a better working environment and engaged culture.
- Provide company-wide information by interpreting people data and analysing figures on staff turnover, cost per hire, workforce trends etc.
- Support HR Team members with workload and development.
Health & Safety:
- To ensure you follow safe working practices.
- To promptly report all accidents and incidents to your line manager.
- To assist in accident investigations as necessary.
- To ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained.
- To adhere to relevant site rules, QEHS policies and procedures including quality procedures, HACCP, safe systems of work and environmental controls.
- To maintain high levels of site hygiene standards in accordance with company procedures.
- To have excellent communication skills and ability to liaise confidently and professionally with employees, customers, and members of the public at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- To listen carefully to instructions.
- To keep your Manager and the Head of Human Resources up to date with any work issues that may affect deadlines.
Flexibility and Ad-Hoc:
- To be flexible to grow and develop as the role grows and develops.
- To carry out any other task that is reasonable and within your skill set as business needs dictate.
- Includes travel to Company sites Nationwide.
What we are looking for:
- Previous HR experience, at least 5 years
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Managed redundancy situations and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Evidence of having a passion for working with people and working beyond the confines of the job description.
- Communication skills – able to deliver bad news and give it a positive outlook as well as ability to influence Management Team members.
- Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise.
- Thrives on constant change.
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills.
- Familiarity of managing TUPE situations and able to counsel senior management on appropriate practice.
- CIPD qualified – Level 5 or above
If you think you’ve got what it takes and would like to join our team, please click 'Apply’ now.