HR Advisor – Vp plc
HR Advisor – Vp plc
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire | Salary: £35,000 -£42,000 + Company Car | Closing Date: Tuesday 28 March 2023
About the role:
Reporting into the HR Manager, the HR Advisor is responsible for driving and delivering the company’s people strategy, and collaborating with Senior Leaders, promoting Vp company values and supporting the businesses to achieve their goals and objectives.
On a day to day basis the HR Advisor is responsible for providing practical HR support and solutions for Vp group businesses in line with company values, procedures & legal requirements, whilst consistently improving processes and the service to internal customers.
*Please note that this role is based in Harrogate and requires regular travel throughout the UK.
- Identifying HR needs and delivering solutions for individual group businesses.
- Working closely with the Talent Acquisition team to attract and recruit top talent for your business areas.
- Supporting line managers on managing attendance, performance management, disciplinary and grievance and the associated HR administration processes.
- Supporting with retaining high calibre talent, identifying training and development opportunities and supporting with succession planning.
- Working with the Learning and Development team to support the delivery of the L&D plan.
- Participating in the review, development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Managing long term sickness absence cases, conduct well-being meetings, request medical reports and Occupational Health referrals.
- Producing timely monthly reports, reviewing people metrics, creating and implementing plans to drive improvements.
- Actively contributing to the annual business planning process and review, taking ownership for the delivery of key projects.
- Undertaking regular external salary and benefits benchmarking.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience within a HR advisor role, ideally in a fast paced multi-site environment
- CIPD qualified or working towards a qualification
- A valid driving licence
- The ability to influence, coach and support managers across the business
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently using their own initiative
- Proven analytical, numerical and evaluation skills to effectively review data and trends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce engaging communications.
- Outstanding relationship building and influencing skills both internally and externally.
- Be confident in challenging difficult stakeholders and have the ability to provide comprehensive and timely advice.
- Previous experience updating and developing HR policies and procedures.
Vp plc is a long established specialist equipment rental group which has evolved over a 60 year trading history. We provide products and services to a diverse range of markets.
The Group is made up of several specialist businesses employing around 2,750 people across our branches, depots and offices across the UK and overseas.
We help deliver some of the most challenging and exciting construction projects, always mindful of our impact on people, our communities and the environment. The way we do things is as important to us as what we do, and this is underpinned by our culture.
This culture allows us to achieve our commercial goals and make this a place where people really want to come and work. We’re continuing to grow and we need great people to join us and add to our story.