HP – Rural Task Force Volunteer
Driffield, East Yorkshire
Hours per Week
1-4 hours per week
Type of Contract
Role: Rural Task Force Volunteer
Department: Rural Task Force
Hours: Hours to be agreed between volunteer and team, average between 1-6 hours a week.
Are you interested in nature and wildlife? Want to help protect and preserve rural communities and environments? We are looking for two Rural Task Force Volunteers to join our team in Driffield!
Our volunteers will be involved in a range tasks including:
- Crime prevention advice and face to face interaction with rural community members including farmers, landowners and gamekeepers.
- Assist with multi-agency operations with organisations such as RSPCA, Farmwatch, National Wildlife Crime Unit and Cross Border Forces.
- Provide support with pro-active operations targeting hot spot areas for rural theft, rural criminal damage and poaching/wildlife offences.
- Provide support with re-active crime prevention measures in line with high value property marking and registering initiatives.
- Assist with intelligence gathering to build on gaps around rural, wildlife and heritage crime.
- Attend agricultural shows and events to support the Rural Task Force work and raise awareness of rural, wildlife and heritage crime.
What is required?
- Interest in Rural, Wildlife and Heritage Crime.
- Administrative skills.
- Basic IT and computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact with a wide range of individuals, departments and external partners.
- Great teamwork skills.
- Applicants must meet the minimum requirement checkable history criteria of at least 5 years to apply for a role within Humberside in any capacity.
- Successful candidates will undergo a vetting procedure pre-requisite of employment.
Contact point for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
How to apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Closing Date: 28th March 2023 at 23:55
It is not likely that closing dates will be extended, other than in exceptional circumstances and would need to be with the permission of the Recruitment Manager and Line Manager of the role.
Humberside Police welcome applications from underrepresented communities. For further information on positive action within Humberside Police, please visit the positive action page: