Posted on 08/03/2023
Rochester Grammar School
Scale: £28,817 – £44,302. Full Time, Temporary Contract (expected end date April 2024)
Job Summary: History Teacher to teach Years 7-13, including the International Baccalaureate in the Sixth Form
Rochester Grammar School are seeking a History Teacher to join their team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or NQT with a passion for teaching History. Experience of teaching the IB is desirable but not essential.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified History Teacher
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the children to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
- Be committed to developing International Mindedness
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/ Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our secure staff car park
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme