As a HGV Mechanic based at Ethiebeaton Workshop in the Fife and Tayside Region, you will enjoy working in a ‘hands on’ practical position within a busy Workshop environment alongside a close-knit group of colleagues.
You have a proactive attitude, with the ability to work unsupervised. From daily inspections and housekeeping to being involved in the maintenance of the company’s vehicles, each day will be different and you may even be asked to work at another site within the region as required.
At Breedon, we believe in providing opportunities for learning and development to all employees; leading to future progression if this aligns with our employee’s career aspirations.
As our next HGV Mechanic, you’ll be responsible for maintenance and repairs of a varied fleet of vehicles and trailers along with attending breakdowns on site or at the roadside whilst placing the highest importance on our sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental Management and you will be a leading contributor to the Company’s zero harm culture.
- Joining the UK’s largest independent construction materials group
- Security and stability of a market leading PLC
- Standout employee support to develop your skills both personally & professionally
- Competitive benefits associated with being an employer of choice
Do you offer…?
- City and Guilds (or equivalent) Qualification in Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Experience in a Mechanical Role
- A hard-working approach with a can do attitude
- Effective communication & problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and versatility
- Willingness to work occasional nights & weekends
- A valid UK Driving License
With Breedon, you’ll benefit from on-the-job and structured training to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to do the role. You will be involved in our annual personal development review program; there is huge potential for you to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
What you can expect from us…
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Enhanced employer pension contributions
- Sharesave scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Training & development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Benefits Hub