Head of Policy and Research
Sustainability, Climate, CSR, EMS
Head of Policy and Research
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
No. of reports: 5
Salary: Between £54,500-£65,000, plus benefits package
- 25 days annual leave, with a holiday allowance that grows with length of service
- An interest free “new starter” loan of up to £1000 to help you prepare for taking on your new role – be it to support travel arrangements, or to help you get your home office set up in advance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Option to access private health insurance as a benefit in kind
- Pension contributions will be matched up to 8%
- Season ticket loan to help with travel to and from work
- Further education in the area of your work
As the leading trade association for decentralised energy, the Association for Decentralised Energy (ADE) is setting the vision of a local, efficient, low carbon energy system which enables energy users to make the choices which work for them. We represent 160 interested parties from across the energy sector.
As part of the ADE, ACE Research is an internationally respected research unit that consistently delivers ground-breaking policy research and evaluation across all decentralised energy sectors.
Our office in Westminster is an exciting and dynamic place to work and our staff are passionate about making a difference. We engage with decision makers at the forefront of energy policy to shape the future energy market in the UK.
About the role
The ADE is recruiting for its Head of Policy and Research.
This is an important role in the ADE with responsibility for leading the organisation’s policy and research teams. Externally, it will be your responsibility to set out and deliver against the organisation’s strategic priorities. Internally, it is your responsibility to build a successful and integrated policy and research team whose work plays a big part in driving the organisation forward.
- Significant experience in energy policy; including at least one of the ADE’s main sectors
- Existing network of senior stakeholders across industry, Government, Ofgem and other stakeholders
- Experience in line management
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills and ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences
- Ability to work well, and independently, in a small team environment
- Significant experience of research consultancy
- Financial expertise, including experience managing team budgets
- Experience in leading teams, including in developing and delivering strategy
How to apply:
Send your CV, including your email address and telephone number, plus a covering letter explaining why the role outlined above is of interest to you and how your experience and skills fit the requirements, to Dina Kamourieh.
Please provide contact details of two professional referees and indicate whether you are happy for us to contact them in advance of interviewing you.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 27th March.
Screening will happen on a rolling basis, with shortlisted candidates invited for interviews within the window of 27th March to 7th April.
You will be asked to complete a short exercise ahead of or after the interview. Details will be provided in due course.
Additional interviews (if applicable) would take place during the week commencing 10th April.
Please note that you must have the existing right to work in UK.
We are actively seeking applications from every part of the community. The ADE is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration.