Head of Adults Services
Surrey County Council
Head of Adults Services
Salary:£45,000 to £52,000 per annum
Working hours:36 hours per week
Posted on:6 March 2023
Closing date:27 March 2023
About the role
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Sensory Services by Sight for Surrey are a well-established and impactful charity, commissioned by Surrey County Council, the NHS and other funders. We support over 8,000 people across Surrey and offer a lifetime of support to people who are blind or partially sighted, Deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing. We work across the whole of Surrey, with a main base in Fetcham, near Leatherhead.
We are looking for a Head of Adults Services to provide inspirational, high quality leadership.
The Head of Adults Services will lead and line manage a team of experienced Operational Teams Managers, and will provide strategic oversight for all our Adults Services. This will include the management of complex contractual and commissioning arrangements, driving and managing change programmes, and leading on a range of projects. All our work is driven by our purpose: to enable and empower people who are blind, partially sighted, Deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing to live full and independent lives.
The post holder should have an extensive management and leadership background in Adult Social Care, Health, or a very closely related field. They should champion and drive continuous improvement, working shoulder to shoulder with people with lived experience to ensure their needs are at the centre of innovation and change.
Sight for Surrey is an equal opportunities employer and accredited as Disability Confident.
We can offer you
- Non-contributory medical insurance
- A generous annual leave allowance (28 days per annum, plus bank holidays)
- Investment in your development, with training opportunities available
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- We match pension contributions up to 6% using the Pensions Trust
- We pay for annual flu vaccinations and for an eye test every two years with a contribution towards work related glasses
- Free tea and coffee whilst working in the office
- There is currently free parking at our office
- A growing range of other staff benefits
- A committed, determined and innovative team
How to apply
Please send your completed application form and equal opportunities form to Sandra Chenery, via email ([email protected]) or by post to Sight for Surrey, Rentwood, School Lane, Fetcham, Surrey KT22 9JX.
For further details about Sight for Surrey, please visit our website.