Glass Blowing Assistant year apprenticeship
Contract: 1 year full time.
Job Overview: We are seeking a Glass Blowing Assistant to join our team for a one-year fixed contract. The successful candidate will work closely with our experienced glass blowers in the creation of unique and beautiful hand-blown glass lighting. The main responsibilities and benefits are detailed below.
- Daily studio setup to include: setting up the workshop for production and cleaning the workshop area at the beginning/end of each day
- Preparing glass colour and equipment for the next days production
- Assisting our experienced glassblowers with the shaping and blowing of glass pieces. This will include colour prep, bench blowing, helping turn the iron, puntying, shielding etc.
- Inspecting finished pieces for quality and accuracy
- Assisting with packaging and shipping of glass products
- Learning to charge the furnace and providing basic equipment care
- Processing and cold working products to a high standard
- Maintaining a safe working environment following all protocol and safety standards
- Learning from and asking for constructive feedback from more experienced co-workers
- Average week will consist of 50% of time spent assisting in the Hotshop 25% of time Coldworking 25% packing & dispatch.
Who this will suit
You will be working closely with a small team of 10 people, you should enjoy working in a small team environment. You should be eager to learn new skills and be happy to take on feedback and accept responsibilities. Ideally you will have some glass experience and are looking to establish yourself within the hand made glass industry.
Recent graduates and previous applicants are encouraged to apply. We will provide ‘on the job’ training. Please see more in in our web link here https://rothschildbickers.com/job.