General Assistant (Cleaning) – Part Time
Sanctuary Students provide safe and secure accommodation to thousands of students around the country. We believe that our strength lies in our dedicated staff who help students with their everyday needs.
General Assistant (Cleaning) – Part Time
Dinwiddy House – London
£10.44 – £10.99 per hour
28 hours per week
Temporary position for up to 9 months
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our team as a General Assistant based at Dinwiddy House in London. You will be responsible for providing a high-quality cleaning and domestic service in the student accommodation, maintaining a clean and friendly environment at all times. During term time your duties will include the cleaning of communal areas, cleaning of the kitchens within the flats and rubbish disposal. During move-out/move-in periods, you will assist with clearing the vacant flats and preparing the rooms for the new students’ arrival.
The role of General Assistant will include:
- Providing high quality cleaning services of the premises including kitchens, bedrooms and communal areas
- Preparing rooms for vacation guests – clearing, cleaning and bedmaking
- Being a friendly face around site that can signpost students to the office for help
- Identifying and reporting any hazards and faults to ensure a safe environment is maintained
- Keeping inventory of cleaning stock and informing your team leader if stock is low
- Completing set programmed works across site
Skills and experiences:
- Previous general cleaning or housekeeping experience is essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- Previous experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads
- Basic practical experience in operating cleaning machinery
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
- Understanding of written instructions and how to maintain simple written logs
- Some basic understanding of computer skills – you will need to partake in online training
Why work for us?
We are the proud owners of Investors in People Gold accreditation which we think really shows how well we look after, train and engage with our staff.
Sanctuary Studentsmanages accommodation for over 11,500 students across England and Scotland. We work in partnership with universities to provide cost-effective facilities management and support services, as well as providing specifically designed and purpose built accommodation direct to students across the UK. We offer a range of accommodation from shared flats to self-contained apartments in some of the biggest university towns and cities in the UK, including London, Manchester, Liverpool and Glasgow.
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, where your wellbeing is of genuine importance, we have developed an attractive employment package. The package recognises your contribution, supports your physical, mental and financial health and gives you the flexibility to tailor your employee benefits by offering:
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Life Assurance
- Employee Volunteering scheme
- Employee Advice Service including counselling
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Voluntary health plans
- Employee discounts
- Wellbeing support and tools
- Employee recognition scheme
- £15,207 per annum (rising to £16,007 per annum after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) pro rata
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £21,724 based on 40 hours per week rising to £22,867 after 12 months service and subject to satisfactory performance
Closing Date: 26 March 2023
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
Sanctuary Group encourages and welcomes applications from people from diverse backgrounds to support our commitment to offering an inclusive environment for our employees and customers.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Students is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.