Fire Engineer – Central London
Are you an experienced Fire Engineer who would like the opportunity to travel overseas for work on occasion?
Our client, a hugely successful international firm of fire and safety experts, is currently looking for a Fire Engineer to join their team in London.
This position is a rare opportunity that will enable the successful individual opportunities to travel, across Europe mainly, and grow their career.
The successful Fire Engineer will be offered:
- up to £50,000
- Company bonus scheme
- Contribution to travel expenses
- Holiday and pension entitlement
- Clear career progression
Fire Engineer requirements:
- University degree in Fire Safety Engineering, or similar engineering discipline, i.e., Mechanical Engineering
- Previous experience with the CFD codes such as FDS
- Good Knowledge of Linux operation systems.
- Good skills in programming Python/Matlab.
- Knowledge of thermal degradation and pyrolysis of different kinds of materials.
- Ability to speak more than one language – European ideally
As a Fire Engineer, your role will involve the following:
- Identifying possible fire-related risks and reducing or eliminating them
- Making designs, calculations, sketches and/or diagrams to help prevent fire or fire spread
- Incorporating fire safety procedures into designs – such as sprinkler systems etc
- Making recommendations for the materials used in the construction or refurbishment of a building
- Keeping up to date with regulations and legislation
- Visiting project/construction sites to advise on the installation or implementation of the designs
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd which is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage.