Finance Assistant (Part Time – 3 Days)
Altrincham, Greater Manchester
Due to current growth, we are looking for a driven Finance Assistant to join a busy team based in Altrincham
Responsible for all finance administration alongside general office duties. With many suppliers and customers, the main part of the role is ensuring the purchase ledger and sales ledger accounts are kept up to date, ensuring all supplier payments are made within terms, allocating and producing remittances, purchase invoice entry with accurate VAT and correct nominal ledger allocations, to monitor supplier credit limits and to deal with all queries on supplier accounts. Daily Banking, filing, and handling general office duties.
- Preparation and completion of the general ledger control document following the completion of the monthly GL accounts.
- Preparation of the retrospective monthly cash flow workings.
- Preparation of the retail and industry service profit and loss accounts and retention of the supporting documentation.
- Responsibility for the credit control process and management of bad or overdue debts.
- Preparation of the monthly payment schedule and accompanying general ledger entries.
- Credit Control
- Reliable reporting across both ledgers using mainly Sage 200, Sage 50 line & Excel spreadsheets.
- Bank reconciliations, including all depot bank accounts, credit card, petty cash, invoice finance facility reconciliation & expense accounts. All accruals, prepayments, VAT, CIS and month-end accounts to Trial Balance are also completed
- General customer service, office administration and order processing duties as and when required
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Impeccable organisational skills
- Strong IT skills in a range of systems, including MS Office functions.
- High personal motivation and an ability to embrace and achieve goals
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management and organisation skills
- Strong Customer service and administration skills
- A can-do attitude and strong work ethic
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 (Pro Rata)
Hours: 3 days per week 8.30am – 5pm
Location: Altrincham (Office based) Small and friendly team. Nice office space and working environment