Estimator / Quantity Surveyor
York, North Yorkshire
We are currently seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join the Lindum York BMS (Building Maintenance Services) Team which deals with smaller new build jobs, refurbishment projects and minor alterations.
Responsibilities include producing estimates, negotiating project values, and maintaining financial and commercial control on our live BMS projects.
- Have previous experience with a strong building background
- Be able to price schemes from a schedule of rates or on a LPM basis
- Be commercially astute with a track record for successfully managing budgets
- Have good knowledge of construction methods and the ability to work with clients to develop schemes
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be friendly and professional at all times, as the role involves regular contact with a variety of clients and colleagues
- A Full UK driving licence is essential as the role requires regular travel to sites and other locations across Yorkshire and the Humber
The position is permanent and based at our York office in Elvington. Competitive package includes company car/allowance, pension, profit related pay, employee share scheme and other benefits, as well as opportunities for further training, development and progression.
You’ll be joining a friendly, fun, practical, and inspiring community. Our team members come to Lindum via diverse paths – what unites us is a shared passion for teamwork, solving problems and looking after our clients. We take pride in our culture and working environment and have been consistently ranked one of the UK’s top companies to work for over 15 years, as voted by our employees https://www.b.co.uk/companies/lindum-group-ltd.
To apply, please complete the application form below and attach your CV, or email [email protected].