Estates Site Coordinator
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
Estates Site Coordinator
Location: WISE Campus
FTE Salary: Up to £27,111 (Salary is dependent on qualifications and experiences)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Financial Rewards and Benefits:
- Opportunity to make a positive impact within the community and on learners’ lives
- Competitive Pension Scheme- Corporate and support roles have access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS), a flexible and pension accessible from the age of 55, with generous employer contributions of 16%.
- Generous Annual leave entitlement plus 8 bank holidays– 25 days for corporate and support functions, increasing to 30 days after 5 academic years’ service (Full-Time Equivalent).
- Two weeks leave during the Christmas closedown period largely supported by the discretionary closure days provided by the College.
- Extensive professional development with ongoing support for your personal & professional development, including 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees
- Family friendly policies and a proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
- Free Annual Eye test
- All staff members can buy a TOTUM card(formerly known as NUS Extra cards) as part of being an affiliate member of the Students' Union.
- Staff have access and supported to be part of inclusive or sustainable staff networks and communities
- Free car parking at all campuses (except Queens Road Art School)
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services including Starbucks Coffee
South Gloucestershire & Stroud Collegehas an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, construction to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to Honour Degree level programmes.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help students and colleagues achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our last inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS College has a vacancy for a Site Facilities Co-ordinator at our WISE campus.
This role will be responsible for the preparation, presentation and day to day operation of the campus facilities to help in delivering a safe, purposeful and outstanding learning and working environment for staff, learners and visitors.
The hours of attendance will generally between 0530 – 2300 hrs. This will include early mornings, late evenings with a varying shift pattern to suit the needs of the business. The working week runs from Sunday to Saturday with a requirement to work weekends. Rest days will be provided to ensure at least two days per week are unscheduled working days. The hours of attendance will be aggregated to 37 per week.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Detailing of staff resources covering shifts, annual leave, absence and any additional requests.
- Providing a swift and courteous response to customer needs.
- Basic maintenance tasks such as painting, lamp replacement, plumbing, shelves, notice boards, locks, PPM inspections, etc.
- Contractor supervision and management of repair, maintenance and new build works.
- Ensure the health and safety of staff, visitors and learners is maintained.
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Technical qualification in building or related discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in supporting building services soft / hard
- Full clean driving licence and able to reliably commute to work location
Please apply online by: Monday 27thMarch 2023
Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed
If you have any queries please contact [email protected]
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.