Howdens are recruiting for an Engineering Intern to work at our manufacturing site in Runcorn on a number of lean manufacturing and engineering development projects on a 12-month fixed-term contract. Within the engineering function we have an exciting and significant project portfolio to develop cutting edge technology to deliver guaranteed service for our business.
This opportunity is ideal for an undergraduate / graduate looking for an internship for a year. You will have recently completed or be studying for an Engineering degree BEng/MEng in Manufacturing / Mechanical / Electrical or equivalent. The successful candidate will be keen to learn and develop in a professional engineering environment alongside a brand-new state of the art manufacturing process.
As an intern you will add breath of experience to your CV and gain valuable technical, professional and life skills which will support you in your future career. We will welcome your innovation and ability to add fresh ideas and in return will give you structured and varied experience in an exciting business that is undergoing an exciting period of growth.
What we’re looking for…
- The ability to develop detailed engineering design drawings and operational documentation and using your judgment to make decisions in technically demanding situations
- The ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders on project findings and work within a team environment
- A passion for engineering with natural problem-solving skills
- Confident communication skills, someone who is able to collaborate with colleagues across the engineering team
- A willingness to learn and develop your skills and knowledge
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Generous pension scheme
- Exceptional training and development programme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy additional days
- Free lunch at our onsite restaurant and free onsite parking
- Exceptional reward and recognition events
Howdens Joinery is the UK’s number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe – making us the first choice for more than 460,000 loyal trade professionals. Last year our sales reached circa 2.3bn, and we have an ambitious growth agenda.
There is a strong entrepreneurial ethos and the opportunity to develop within a fast-paced and commercial environment. That, along with a competitive salary, development opportunities, and exciting rewards, are among the reasons why our people enjoy working for Howdens – and why we have been named one of the 10 Best Big Companies to Work For.
How to apply
We’re building a future where world-class service, innovation, and sustainability are embedded within our DNA. If Howdens sounds like the kind of place where you can build and develop your career, then we’re keen to hear from you.