‘Engage’ Sport & Community Coordinator
‘Engage’ Sport & Community Coordinator
Reference Number: AT60
Hours: Full Time / Part Time / Flexible
Rate of Pay: £21,500
Closing Date: 25th March 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to be an ‘Engage’ Sport and Community Coordinator who has a passion for delivering educational sporting programmes. Are you enthusiastic and passionate about physical activity and well-being and can inspire young people to be physically active for life?
CV Life operates premium leisure and cultural facilities for use by all communities in Coventry and visitors to the city, offering everything from attractions, museums, leisure centres, educational programmes to community outreach projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an ‘Engage’ Sport and Community Coordinator to organise, facilitate and deliver our city-wide initiative. The roles involves engaging with young people in schools in the co-ordination and delivery of our ‘Engage’ Educational and Community Programmes.
- Has some experience of working with young people and enjoys creating positive experiences.
- Confident to deliver the ‘Engage’ sports programme by presenting to children and young people.
- Capable of organising and facilitating educational sessions.
- Conduct meetings with school representatives to promote the programme to grow the engagement of schools across Coventry.
- Ability to travel across a number of sites in Coventry during your working week.
- Experience of coaching/teaching young people would be an advantage.
Part time and full time hours available Monday – Friday.
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate. Please click on this link for further details: https://cvlife.co.uk/dbs/
Reporting to: Business Process Manager
Responsible for: Community & Sport Educators – Engage
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To coordinate the organisation, development, and delivery of all aspects of the Engage! educational programmes and community programmes, and competition format and other aspects of the project.
Main duties of the role:
- To develop and lead the co-ordination and delivery of all Engage activities, connecting primary and secondary schools with local rugby clubs – as defined and agreed with the Business Process Manager.
- To manage the duties of the Community & Sport Educators – Engage and associated administration tasks linked to these duties.
- To contribute to, develop and deliver the Engage! educational programmes, planning, co-ordinating and delivering the prescribed number of coaching sessions to those schools who are associated with Engage! And CV Life in line with key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- To coordinate community activities.
- To raise invoices and purchase orders where applicable
- To always deliver coaching sessions in a manner consistent with sound coaching principles and the social objectives of the project, adhering to the project’s unit and lesson plans.
- To plan, organise and deliver all associated events in line with Engage! And CV Life community programme KPI’s, evaluating all aspects of delivery for continuous improvement.
- To coordinate the development and delivery of all associated marketing and communication platforms (including programme website and social media/ Twitter/Facebook etc.) in line with programme requirements as directed by the Business Process Manager.
- To be actively involved in Sports Development issues outside of coaching programmes, including events, meetings and activity promotion as directed by the Business Process Manager.
- To coordinate the planning, review and development of all new and existing Engage! lesson plans and wider CV Life Development work programmes.
- To maintain all administrative records relating to coaching sessions, contacts and programme development, as directed by the Business Process Manager.
- To attend and support all project review and forward planning meetings.
- To set up and break down equipment as necessary for sessions, adhering to the correct procedures for the safe handling and storing of equipment.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health & Safety considerations are maintained at all times, in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- To undertake regular stock checks of project equipment, reporting all losses and damages
- To respond to accidents with the appropriate measures of first aid, ensuring that all records relating to accidents are completed immediately afterwards.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Sports Apprentices, Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To seek personal professional development by pursuing relevant experiences and appropriate qualifications
- To attend regular internal and external training days/CPD events, to improve subject knowledge.
- To attend safeguarding training within the company and adopt its policies.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Ability to empathise with a diverse range of people of all ages and representations.
- Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams.
- Ability to communicate and grow partnerships with a range of agencies and people from diverse backgrounds/standings.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Innovative thinker.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Supportive qualities that will encourage young people in their pursuit of personal goals.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of appropriate sporting based ‘key values’ as embraced within the Engage! programme.
- Working on community coaching programmes in multi sports based activities within schools.
- Awareness of issues and challenges affecting disadvantaged communities and areas of recognised under representation.
- Health & Safety.
- IT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Event/tournament organisation.
- Level 1 NGB coaching Qualification.
Essential Special Skills
- Coaching/counselling of young people
- Ability to manage a diverse range of people and groups of people
- Organisational, planning and administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and without supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Report writing
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
- DBS Clearance.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing [email protected]