Energy & Sustainability Manager
About the job
Job Title:Energy & Sustainability Manager
Location: Rosyth, UK – Hybrid – Working from home options available
Compensation: £60,000 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF: 49738
Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Energy & Sustainability Manager at our Rosyth site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibility
Marine Engineering & Systems
The Energy & Sustainability Manager role is based within our Marine Engineering & Systems business area
At our site in Rosyth, we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our engineering, specialised manufacturing, gas handling systems and naval marine businesses
The difference our new Energy & Sustainability Manager will make
As an Energy & Sustainability Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary.
Day to day, you'll ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and organisational requirements and recommended best practice, ensure compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and organisational requirements and recommended best practice, develop business cases for energy and environmental improvement projects, manage energy reduction across the site and ensure all contractual obligations are met and that effective systems are developed, implemented and continually monitored to mitigate contractual, commercial and legislative risks
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise. This role is a Hybrid role with 3.5 days minimum on site in Rosyth.
* Energy management experience
* Environmental management experience
* Member of a professional body such as IEMA, IWFM, RICS, CIBSE or other relevant professional body.
* Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, Sustainability or Energy Systems plus any relevant additional environmental qualifications.
* Extensive post-qualification experience within the Energy & Environmental Management Sector in a senior position
* Obtain or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
* Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
* Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 08/03/2023