Endoscopy Nurse Consultant
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
Endoscopy Nurse Consultant
NHS AfC: Band 8c
- Main area
- NHS AfC: Band 8c
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week (Weekdays and Weekends (potential on-call))
- Job ref
- East Surrey Hospital
- £67,064 – £77,274 Per annum plus high cost allowance
- Salary period
- 26/03/2023 23:59
- Interview date
We want to give you the best possible experience in the next stage of your career.
We always strive to be the best place to work and to be cared for.
- We’ve been named the 2021 Acute NHS Trust of the Year, in the annual Health Service (HSJ) Journal Awards for our clear ambition and vision and a significant improvement journey over a number of years’.
- We’re so proud that our colleagues rank us the best in the country among comparable trusts when asked if they would recommend us as a place to work.
- We’re rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission and when asked whether the care of patients is the organisation’s top priority our staff rank us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts.
- We pride ourselves on supporting you to thrive in your existing role and to develop your career with us. So with us you’ll get loads of benefits, great training and development opportunities, flexibility and a real community feel.
Benefits to working with us
- Great training and education, including preceptorship and CPD (up to £1,000 individual CPD funding available for nurses, midwives and AHPs)
- Our location: you can access beautiful countryside, historic towns and villages and bustling city life all nearby. With good schools, nature reserves and cultural attractions on our doorstep, and both London and Brighton easily accessible too, there’s something for everyone nearby.
- Free on-site car parking for staff
- At least 35 days leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- NHS pension scheme
- A huge range of Health Service Discounts at hundreds of big brands from holidays to gadgets and restaurants to retail.
- On-site nursery
- On-site Boots and WHSmith shops
- An Amazon locker and an InPost locker on site
- Restaurant facilities
- Full educational library services
- Excellent rail and bus links
- The local bus operator offer all new staff one month’s free travel to East Surrey Hospital when they first join (please visit the Metrobus website for details and terms and conditions)
- Lockable storage for cycles.
- We’re a major local employer, with a diverse workforce of c5,000 providing healthcare services to a growing population of around 535,000.
- We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill.
- We offer a full range of acute and complex services at East Surrey Hospital in Redhill, where we are the nearest trauma unit to Gatwick Airport.
- We provide a range of outpatient, diagnostic and less complex planned services at The Earlswood Centre, Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey, and at Crawley and Horsham Hospitals in West Sussex.
The Trust is committed to being an inclusive employer – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. As an employer we offer a range of benefits including, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement networks, facilities and services to support staff well being.
Our JAG accredited Endoscopy service is looking for a experienced Nurse Endoscopist who is looking to take the next steps in their career. In this newly created role you'll provide outstanding clinical care as well as leading and developing a team of nurse Endoscopists, some of whom will be training.
You work in partnership with the Matron, Clinical Lead and General Manager to ensure JAC accreditation is not only maintained, but standards of care and service are consistently improved.
As part of this you will lead on the formation of service and users groups to helps drive improvements and new ways of working.
Main duties of the job
Work independently and unsupervised as an expert Advanced Practitioner in performing diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy procedures, demonstrating advanced levels of clinical judgment, discretion and clinical decision making.
Lead a team of Nurse Endoscopists and trainee Nurse Endoscopists managing all aspects of their employee cycle
Develop and implement endoscopy training across the department, actively implementing and provide clinical teaching and education to other colleagues (medical/nursing) in order to enhance clinical practice and improve patient care.
To lead initiatives to continuously improve quality and clinical care standards. Including the forming and leading of patient and clinical focus groups
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
Working for our organisation
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill; a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as ‘Outstanding’ and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do
- We are in the top 20% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment
- Our staff rate us the best in the country among comparable acute trusts when asked if they would recommend the Trust as a place to work and when asked whether care of patients is the organisation’s top priority
- Our workforce are amongst the most motivated in the country; we achieved the top acute hospital score in the country for staff engagement in the last national staff survey
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application accurately reflects where you match them. For further information regarding the role please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce and actively encourage applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We can make reasonable adjustments and offer support and advice in a variety of ways throughout the application process.
Successful candidates will be appointed to the first pay step within the band when they start with the Trust (unless they have previous relevant NHS continuous service), thereafter individuals will progress up the pay steps in accordance with NHS Agenda for Change (AfC) terms and conditions. For part time roles you will receive a pro rata'd (proportional) salary payment based on the appropriate pay step/point and hours worked in accordance with AfC and all medical and dental terms and conditions.
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust operate a 24 hour 365 day a year service and all nursing, clinical and operational roles will require staff to work 24/7 shifts (if required) unless you are specifically advised otherwise as part of the recruitment process.
On rare occasions some vacancies may expire before the advertised closing date.
We take our responsibilities to the environment extremely seriously and have an ambitious Green Plan that we’re delivering. Actions include having uniforms made from recycled plastic, 100% renewable electricity and planting 150 trees at East Surrey Hospital. Read our plan here.
Employer certification / accreditation badges
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Apply online now
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sean Townsend
- Job title
- General Manager
- Email address
- [email protected]
- Telephone number
- Additional information
We welcome candidates to book a visit to our hospital and/or meet with the Service leadership team
Internal Ext 6891
List all jobs in Nursing and Midwifery or all sectors