Electrical Controls Design Engineer
The One Group
We're working with a company who manufacture semiconductor equipment. They're based in Cambridge and have a global presence. Key players in the market!
What makes this company special is that they encourage their people to maintain a healthy work-life balance, including flexible hybrid working and genuine development opportunities. There's also an early finish every Friday!
This role of Electrical Controls Design Engineer will see you making continuous improvements to the electrical design of products, always with a keen eye for current standards and regs and, of course, quality. Working as part of a x-disciplinary team, you will:
- Generate detailed electrical power distribution and control system diagrams suitable for manufacture, including accurate BOMs
- Play a part in x-functional development project teams for NPD/NPI
- Plan, specify and development electronic control systems, sub-systems and components, drive and sensor technology, pneumatic control, PLC and safety systems.
- Ad hoc, occasional travel (usually Germany)
- Support Production with manufacturing issues and essential design changes
This sounds cool. What do I need to have to apply?
- Electrical qualification / experience
- Good knowledge of field-bus systems (DeviceNet, Ethercat) and PLC controls
- Knowledgeable in the design of drive systems, pneumatics and automation
- Experience in control of electro-pneumatic / mechanical systems, 3-phase power distribution and heater control systems
- Practical knowledge of legislation, directives and standards for machine design of machinery
- Microsoft office proficiency
- Experience in ERP systems (SAP)
Benefits are SUPERB and include:
- 30 days holiday
- Lunchtime finish on a Friday, after a free company lunch!
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working
- Exceptional pension scheme
- Special recognition & long service awards
- Family friendly policies
- Income protection, Life assurance and Employee assistance
- Occupational health
- Loads of free parking