Education Hub Manager at HMP Wormwood Scrubs
At Novus we are now seeking an Education Hub Manager to join our education team at HMP Wormwood Scrubs. This is a permanent, full time role working 37 hours per week.
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people’s lives through learning and skills.
The vision for the Education, Skills and Work provision at HMP Wormwood Scrubs is to ensure that Prisoners’ in our care realize their full potential through Education, Skills and Work.
As Hub Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running, management and delivery of curriculum areas within an establishment, working directly with the Local Education Manager and the prison Governor’s representatives. This role will be the first line manager for delivery colleagues within the prison.
To do this successfully you’ll need to:
- Have a teaching qualification, minimum Cert Ed or PGCE
- Hold a degree or equivalent (including equivalent life / career experience)
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Implementing and managing continuous quality assurance and improvement procedures
- Successful partnership working
As part of the LTE Group family, you will benefit from an excellent package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Working hours are spread across Monday to Friday
- In house ‘Evolve’ training programme offers you the chance to upskill and further your career through a wide range of recognised qualifications.
- Career development opportunities.
- Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering an 18.1% Employer Contribution and a Teachers Pension scheme offering a 23.68% Employer Contribution.
- Our comprehensive in-house awards scheme
- An Employee Assistance Programme including a free, confidential, 24/7 support service
- Health care discounts through Simply Health
- Retail discounts through You at Work
- Cycle to work scheme saving you 25% on your purchase.
The closing date for this job advert is 30th March 2023 however sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response!
At Novus, we work with passion, care and commitment to create the foundations for change. For almost 30 years we have been helping men, women and children of all ages and abilities, in prison settings across England and Wales, to take new directions. We operate 50 hubs in the United Kingdom where our specialist teams are on hand to support Adults and Children to improve their employability prospects post release
Novus is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We working to support our Veterans into employment and are also proud holders of Disability Confident employer award.
If you feel you could make a difference in this rewarding and growing sector, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below.