Beckton, Greater London
px PEOPLE, their commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork, are the reason for px Group’s continuing growth and success story. We aim to be the elite provider of operations management, engineering services and energy management solutions in high hazard, highly regulated industries nationally and as we grow, across Europe and globally. For more information visit www.pxlimited.com
The Beckton Combined Heat & Intelligent Power plant (CHiP) is designed to have an overall world-leading electrical efficiency of more than 55% and export up to 17MW of electricity. The plant uses bioliquid fuels classified as renewable and sustainable such as tallow, used cooking oil soya oil and rapeseed oil to power a marine diesel engine. Renewable waste heat from the plant is used in the adjacent gas pressure reduction station owned by Cadent, enabling it to reduce the use of its existing gas heaters and let down the gas pressure for distribution. This site is situated outside of the Ultra Low Emission Zone.
We are now recruiting for an Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) Technician (days based) to join our multi-skilled team at Beckton CHiP reporting directly to the Electrical Engineer. Part of the site team the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Technician will ensure asset integrity and reliability is maintained in a manner consistent with delivering customer requirements and deliver improvements within the Engineering and Maintenance department that meet operational requirements, delivering against the agreed contract KPI’s.
You’ll be supported with personalised on the job training and coaching and twice-yearly development and performance reviews to help maintain & develop your contributions and competence. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Minimum Requirements:To be considered you must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Time served electrical, control or instrumentation apprenticeship / NVQ 3 /equivalent qualification in electrical, control or instrumentation discipline.
- Experience of working in a 24/7 industrial process.
- Competent to fault find, improve & complete tasks in:
- Electrical: 3 phase Motors, Inverter drives, motor starting & protection methods, LV distribution, overcurrent & Fault protection, earthing & Bonding systems, control systems: MCC, DOL, Star Delta, VSD, soft starter.
- Control:PLC / DCS systems, 110v ac, 24v dc, relays, contactors, feedback signals, interlocks, Digital inputs & Outputs. Control loops, PID controllers, proximity & limit switches, A2D converters, RIO systems, Bus systems & Ethernet networks.
- Instrumentation: Industry standard methods of measuring Pressure, Flow & Temperature. 4-20mA systems, HART, 0-10v, Analog & Digital systems, And Calibration, testing & Fault finding of process instrumentation.
More information: Can be found in the job description & person specification for this role
What you will receive from us:
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Contribution towards eye test and glasses
Online company discount benefits site including cinema tickets and gym membership discount
Long Service Awards
Employee recognition scheme – ELITE Awards
Employee Assistance Programme
Flexible Benefits Package
Health & Wellbeing Scheme
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Please note this role may close early or be extended depending on the volume of applications.