Driver Class 2
Class 2 Driver
The Class 2 driver will deliver and collect goods throughout the UK in accordance to the restrictions of the group Operators Licence. The key objectives are to ensure goods are delivered on time in line with the delivery schedule set out by the Transport department.
- Adherence to all organisational policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- Work positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Represent the organisation in a positive way as to avoid the damage of corporate image or bringing the company into disrepute.
- Promote and display the Epwin Core Values.
- Ensure compliance in line with operator’s license.
- Ensure drivers’ hours regulations are adhered to at all times
- Ensure WTD (Working Time Directive) rules are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure Driver CPC qualifications are kept up to date.
- Ensure driving licence entitlements are kept up to date, reporting any changes as soon as they are known.
- Adherence to highways laws at all times.
- Ensure compliance to HSE standards.
- Ensure load is carried safely at all times.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order at all times.
- Follow site rules at all times.
- Set a professional and good example to all.
- Communicate information via the relevant communication channels.
- Ensure operational processes and procedures are followed.
- Alert relevant people to process and product concerns and rectify.
- Safeguard property issued by the company.
- Ensure workplace is clean and tidy – all housekeeping procedures are followed and the workplace is safe.
- Ensure the wearing of appropriate uniform and PPE.
- Transfer the knowledge and skills among the team.
- Promote continuous improvement to develop service and efficiency.
- Undertake reasonable duties as and when required/as directed by the senior manager.
- Weekly infringement & speeding reports
- Ability to make decisions and escalate if necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate the workforce.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Clean, neat and tidy approach to work.
- Punctual and adaptable.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Motivated to learn and develop skills of self and team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Positive approach to the working environment.
- Excellent transport and compliance knowledge and skills.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent communication skills.
- Class 2 licence required
- FLT licence