Dev Ops Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
Sunday 26 March 2023
£61,176 – £76,470
We support agile working – click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
London and Halifax
Halifax: £ £61,911- £68,790
London: £71,577- £79,530
For the right candidate, salary can be negotiated to some degree .
Benefits also include:
- Annual personal bonus percentage;
- Employer pension contribution (up to 15%);
- 4% flexible cash pot;
- private medical insurance, and;
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- We offer flexible working hours around the 9-5 and are a very family friendly company. Please note, the team observes a hybrid working pattern, and the successful candidate will be expected to be in the office 1-2 times a week.
About the team
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Channels Enabling Platform, where the Identity and Authentication Lab provides an enterprise level Authentication service. The Platform needs to meet the Strong Customer Authentication regulatory commitments, enable innovation and to trailblaze within the industry. The Platform will support and grow a wide range of authenticators to serve the Bank’s digital channels.
We are committed to delivering a world-class customer experience by building a state-of-the-art Identity & Authentication Platform and enabling our customers to feel safe and secure with their data while accessing our multi-channel digital ecosystem.
We're building the bank of the future, and we need your help!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who is passionate about designing and delivering continuous delivery on-prem and has solid know-how of exploiting public cloud capabilities.
This role will be pivotal in building and delivering the development ecosystem, with DevOps best practices, and enabling product development teams in the Lab to deliver changes incrementally and continuously to customers.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid to dive deep into existing solutions and can bring new thinking, new ideas and continuous improvement to move as we move to cloud native technologies. We need someone who can challenge the status quo and push the boundaries to design something new by working closely with DevOps COE and wider engineering community.
What responsibilities does this role have?
You’ll apply technical skills and experience to deliver automated pipelines with security, risk, and quality controls.
- Take ownership of specific problems and deliver customer focused outcomes
- Work in cross functional environments by working closely with software engineers, quality engineers and security engineers
- Work on a platform that has millions of active users, and regularly deliver new changes into customer hands
- Enable the engineers to build diverse skills and deliver high quality pipelines in an agile environment
- Be a team player who can build relationships and work productively with other teams across a variety of domains
We like people who come from diverse industry and cultural background; however, we'd like to see evidence of the following:
- Hands on experience with infrastructure as code i.e., Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- A strong DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering background and knowledge of DevOps best practices
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines to deliver changes incrementally to production
- Experienced in day-to-day administration of Deploy and Release activities
- Strong familiarity with source code repositories particularly Git
- Experience of build and deployment tools, e.g., Maven/Gradle, Jenkins2/Circle CI, Tekton, ArgoCD , Nexus, Sonar
- Exposure and/or Experience with cloud technologies Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or others (AWS, ICP, Azure)
- Experience of containers, orchestration, and service mesh, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Istio
- Shell Scripting
Desirable, but not essential skills:
- Interests in different programming languages and technologies
- Hybrid cloud deployments
About Lloyds Banking Group
As the UK’s largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and we have a clear strategy to put customers first and achieve our vision of being the best bank for our customers.
We deeply value diversity and are proudly committed to being an equal opportunity employer. You can come and join our inclusive, values-led culture passionate about making a difference! We are a proud equal opportunities employer; if you require any reasonable adjustments either as a candidate or as an employee, please let us know. We would love to be able to support you in showcasing your best self!
Does this sound like something you might be interested in? Please apply – we are looking forward to getting to know more about you.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lloyds Banking Group