Main duties of the job
- Deliver quality medical services in the most effective way, regularly benchmarking the service to improve practice, under the supervision of a Consultant Physician
- Supervise the acute assessment and medical care of older person trauma admissions
- Contribute toward preoperative optimisation in conjunction with anaesthetic, critical care and surgical teams
- Coordinate the post-operative care and rehabilitation of older person trauma patients
- Lead regular MDT meetings on rehabilitation and discharge planning
- Optimise bone health and falls prevention strategies
- Meet NHFD targets for delivering best practice care in Fractured Neck of Femur patients.
- Continue to enhance and develop the Orthogeriatric service
- Initiate and take part in regular clinical audit, research and quality improvement activities.
Our commitment to you:
We are committed to equality and diversity in both the provision of our services and how we recruit and manage our staff. Applications are encouraged from everyone with the necessary attributes for the job, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working – all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
- HHFT is committed to putting the safety and care of our patients first – as well as helping us to protect you and your colleagues. Therefore, we would recommend that you are vaccinated against COVID-19 and that you understand that we are treating COVID-19 positive patients within our services.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted at least 5 working days before the scheduled interview date. Applications will be submitted directly into our preferred third party recruitment system (Trac). All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs via email – please ensure to check your junk/spam folders.
- All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post.
- In compliance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, all applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English to an appropriate standard which will be assessed as part of the selection process.
- This vacancy may close before the current listed closing date. If you intend to apply you are advised not to delay submitting your completed application.
- Please kindly note: if you have applied for this role within our Trust in the last 3 months and have not been successful your new application may not be considered.