Construction Coordinator – Civils
Morgan Sindall Group PLC
Civil Construction Coordinator
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Talented people are the key to our success
Your CV will be screened by an experienced recruitment consultant, and you will hear back from us within 48 hours.
Come and work for a progressive and ambitious company which is also one of the most successful within the UK construction and infrastructure industry?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners and ourselves.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Civil Construction Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the construction of civil infrastructure projects, ensuring they are completed safely, on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our clients.
- Assist with the production and delivery of construction work packs.
- Ensures that Construction work is controlled and that the setting to work process is followed assessing, authorising, maintaining and developing the competence (SQEP) of the supply chain.
- Supervise, guide and co-ordinate the supply chain
- Ensure that construction work is supervised, checked and accepted to the specific quality standard.
- Provide effective communication, liaise on interface working and ensure that overall site work is planned to achieve construction programme dates.
- Co-ordinate interfaces between the supply chain, designers, operators, work planners, occupiers and the Client at site level
- Ensure that the supply chain and their Supervisors are monitored on an ongoing basis
- Assist with input and maintenance of the Construction documentation
- Raise corrective actions and defect notifications and ensure that the correct action is taken.
- Capture, share and apply Construction LFE and shared best practice.
- Take positive action to maintain security, safety, health and environmental arrangements to the highest possible standard.
- Degree/ONC/HNC/NVQ in Civil Engineering or a related field
- SMSTS site manager or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in civil construction project coordination.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
If you are an experienced Civil Construction Coordinator looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects, please apply with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
Our work focuses on delivering non-nuclear infrastructure activities in a nuclear environment both for civil and military customers.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ‘Two Ticks’ accreditation. We are also an Investors in People company.
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please note that any CV’s submitted will be deemed as gifted to Morgan Sindall and any agency terms & conditions associated with the use of such CVs will be null and void.