Commercial Manager, Mobile
Isleworth, Greater London
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
This role is responsible for owning and managing the Airtime and Data strategy for Sky Mobile, a key component in driving net growth and managing base financials. With this role, you will balance SIMO and Device-led growth with protecting base and acquisition ARPU/AMPU to ensure we are driving profitable growth.
What you'll do:
- Have a clear and distinct impact on the success of a fast-growing business, setting our quarterly tariff plans and determine the airtime strategy to maximise our sales opportunities for both new and existing customer SIM acquisitions.
- Use meaningful data analysis and commercial insights to own quarterly testing roadmaps to optimise the Mobile P&L, online conversion and offer performance.
- Forecast and model headline hero offers for each campaign to capitalise on seasonal moments and galvanise market demand.
- Advise Marketing on pushing best and most profitable tariffs. Balance expectations of Marketing (different saving shouts), Finance (profitability), Trading (deeper offers) and Product (tariff changeovers) for the best overall outcome for Mobile.
- Own Strategic Piggybank Rewards forecasting and reporting, using this to drive existing customer sales. Co-own VIP offer strategy, customized offers across RTMs to drive more cross sell opportunities into the Sky TV base.
- Be the subject matter authority for all things Tariffs, Data and Airtime
What you'll bring:
- Analytical & structured thinking – able to quickly interpret performance / market insights, appraise options and recommend a clear course of action
- A results oriented approach – excited about interrogating existing operations, evaluating performance, and suggesting improvements
- Numerate and strong Excel skills, with a solid understanding of commercial metrics and comfortable producing cases, modelling tariff sets and sophisticated pricing initiatives
- Effective presentation skills -regular presentations to senior partners requires condensing and simplifying complex data into a coherent story with practical insights
- Clear and concise communicator – mobilising teams to bring about change, notify wider team of plans and galvanise momentum behind hero offers
- Partner management – Ability to work with various teams and balance expectations to help deliver a strong performance for Mobile
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package!
- Private healthcare!
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.