Our client based in Middlewich is currently looking to recruit a Chemist on a permanent basis…
The basic role of a Site Chemist is to conduct acceptance analysis on incoming waste, ensure that wastes are suitably and safely stored on site, and that waste is dispatched from the site. At the discretion of the Management, a Chemist may be asked to specialise in a particular area or activity, such as TFS management and load preparation, kiln load preparation, or laboratory analysis, for example…
- Accepting wastes (hazardous and non-hazardous) on to the site. This includes packaged waste and bulk tankers, conducting conformance checks and analysis.
- Raising Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) on incoming waste as per company procedure: Waste Non-Conformance as appropriate. This includes liaising with the Commercial Account Managers to resolve the non-conformances.
- Checking and ensuring the compliant storage of wastes on site
- Assisting Site Operators in conducting waste handling and packaging
- Selecting and preparing waste for dispatch from site (both packaged and bulk shipment)
- Site Chemist must be at minimum qualified to an HNC in Chemistry (or applicable scientific field).
- Previous hazardous waste management experience (>1 year).
- An awareness of: HSG 71 – Chemical warehousing The storage of packaged dangerous substances, HSG 51 – Storage of flammable liquids in container, Sector Guidance Note S5.06 Guidance for the Recovery and Disposal of Hazardous and Non Hazardous Waste, Guidance on the classification and assessment of waste Technical Guidance WM3 Waste Classification.
- ADR/CODG awareness training
- First Aid at Work Certificate.
- ADR Licence.
Salary: £27,000 – £29,000
Hours: 40 hours per week Mon – Fri, an alternating weekly shift pattern (Early 06:00 to 15:00, Late 09:00 to 18:00).