Chef (Care Home)
Chef (Care Home)
£500 Welcome Bonus*
We are currently looking for a Chef to join the Excelcare team atGlennfield Care Home in Wisbech, Cambridge.
Excelcare are a family-owned business which has been established for over 30 years. Our vision is to continually be a leading provider of high-quality care which exceeds the expectations of the people living within our service.
What you can expect:
- Salary: £13.60 per hour
- 40 hours a week from Monday – Sunday. You will be required to work alternate weekends.
- Start times from 6.30am/7am
- Cook using fresh ingredients made from scratch
- Prepare weekly food rotas and menus, paying particular attention to any special dietary requirements
- Communication of information to senior members of staff relevant to ordering stock and menu planning
- Assist Healthcare Professionals in the area of dietician
- Complying with and developing Risk Assessments
- Maintain quality assurance systems within the kitchen
- Undertake supervision of other kitchen staff
- Have a full understanding of Health & Safety as well as Food Hygiene issues, COSHH, and working within the guidelines relating to cross infection
- Be available at short notice to cover absence and sickness.
What you will need:
- NVQ Level 2 in catering and hospitality
- 2 years’ experience in a catering environment
- 12 months experience in managing a kitchen
What we offer in return for your hard work:
- £500 Welcome Bonus*
- Highly competitive pay rates
- 28 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Free on-site parking*
- Enhancement to pay on bank holidays
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding £300 for every person you refer
- DBS certificate paid by Excelcare*
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Funded qualifications via the apprenticeship programme (where required)
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the month – £100 for outstanding contribution
- Free learning and development*
*T’s and C’s apply
If you are interested in this position please apply online today, we look forward to hearing from you.