Call for Associate Curators
LOOKING FORWARD Art Projects C.I.C.
We are recruiting independent curators with an interest in social practices to form a curatorial peer-to-peer group. The group will be a non-hierarchical collective effort to kick-start a new cycle of research with outputs in public programmes and socially-engaged art projects across London.
The activities of the group will include, among others:
– networking and managing partnerships with charities and other organisations tackling issues from social justice to climate change
– managing or collaborating on fundraising applications
– researching artistic practices with a collaborative approach involving communities
– liaising with artists to prepare proposals responding to specific needs and urgencies
– curating public programmes, workshops, commissions and exhibitions
As an Associate Curator at Looking Forward, you will benefit from a cooperative model of working, in which you will retain your independency and have maximum flexibility while benefitting by working in a network of like-minded and forward-thinking curators. Fees and specific conditions will be depending on and scalable according to fundraising results and the amount of commitment and contribution of each curator to the group.
Skills and Experience Required
Curators involved in the group must be based in London and have a good knowledge of funding applications, reporting, and management of projects with multiple stakeholders.