Business Support Administrator
Why does this role exist?
The BPS Operations team looks after the scheme applications and service delivery and revenue of all products and businesses within Building Performance Services. BREEAM, Academy, Smartsite, Strategic Advisory, Housing and Energy and other BRE products.
BPS Operations is split into three teams, Operations – Training, Operations – Support and Delivery and Operations – Applications.
The Operations Support and Delivery team is the heart of the building performance services and the products offered at BRE. The teams are responsible for the management of our customer projects and applications and their associated business transactions.
The role has a level of responsibility for the customer journey, supporting the administration of the schemes and products, and reporting finances to the management team.
*The position will be a hybrid of remote (home) and in office work (based at our BRE Science Park in Watford or BRE Glasgow Offices).
*If based in Glasgow occasional travel to BRE Watford Science Park will be required.
£24,000 – £27,000
Flexi Hybrid – Watford
Full Time, Permanent
Professional Business Services
Job Family Level
The value this role will add:
Responsibilities will include:
- Income Claiming – Monitor monthly external expenditure against the teams forecast
- Financial reporting
- Project set-up on Finance system
- Review project expenses
- Monitoring WDNI – highlighting projects of concern, and raise invoices where possible to reduce WDNI
- General project support for project managers
- ISO compliance – verify all project related ISO documents are in place and accurate
- Raising invoices and purchase requisitions for BPS division
- Liaising with project managers and clients
- Liaising with customers daily (email, telephone and webform) – responding to queries within multiple shared mailboxes whilst maintaining good customer relationships and providing excellent customer service
- Car hire bookings, stationery & equipment orders
- Supporting English Housing Survey (EHS) Surveyors with digital pen enquiries (helpdesk)
- Experian Remittance Claims
- HSCD Annual Licence Renewals and setting up client demo accounts on HSCD (Housing Stock Condition Database)
- Carrying out business support, commercial and operational tasks to support the BPS business
- Supporting the Team Leader and Operations manager and liaising with operations and applications coordinators, business support staff within the team and collaboratively working with Finance, Training, BREEAM and Data Insights teams
How will success be measured?
- Deliver our financial commitments for BPS products; revenue, net profit and cashflowMeeting team performance targets and achieving service level agreements
- Deliver improvements to our customer delivery and operational processes
- Customer feedback
- Balanced Scorecard
What experience and skills does the role need?
- Financial administration
- Previous administrative experience
- Attention to detail is a critical requirement
- Intermediate proficiency within MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow standard procedures and operational processes
- Good organisation skills
- Be competent in using MS Word, Outlook, Teams and databases
- A team player
- Self-motivated and independent, with the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to manage a busy and varied workload
- Professional and courteous customer liaison
- Knowledge of maintaining accurate administration records
We’re building a diverse and talented team at BRE because we know that different perspectives, experiences and skills will help us be more innovative and mean that we can help deliver effective solutions for our customers.
This is a non-exhaustive summary of your role and is non-contractual. In addition to the above, you may be required to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role. This job description is subject to variation from time to time in order to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry, as well as customer and business demands.
The experience requirements above are provided for guidance purposes, however we would welcome applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so please do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.