Business Improvement Manager
Surrey County Council
Business Improvement Manager
Salary:£53,918 – £60,864 per annum
Working hours:36 hours per week
Posted on:6 March 2023
Closing date:26 March 2023
Location:Woodhatch Place, 11 Cockshot Hill, Woodhatch, Reigate, RH2 8EF
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Surrey County Councils' Facilities Management team as a Business Improvement Manager. Are you looking for a new opportunity to develop your career as part of a fast-paced Land & Property function, collaborating with enthusiastic professionals who want to make a difference?
Surrey County Council maintains an operational property portfolio of 2000 buildings, providing key services to the residents of Surrey. This is a wide ranging and fascinating estate, ranging from fire stations to offices, adult social care facilities to schools, farmland to libraries.
About the role
Land & Property is at the heart of a Council wide improvement programme, with a view to delivering more efficient and cost-effective provision of services which links everything back to its finance, business, resource capability and culture across the Council's ambitious estates programme.
Reporting to our Assistant Director for Facilities Management, whilst working closely with other members of the FM team, you will be involved in establishing annual KPI 'strategic outcomes' for the suppliers to drive continual improvement. Leading in making data-led insight, innovation and business improvement an essential aspect of 'FM DNA' both across the FM client team and FM suppliers.
You will also be involved in driving associated MI, data and supplier-fed insight reporting requirements with the suppliers to enable strategic decision making across Hard and Soft FM services, Compliance, Forward Maintenance Plan, Energy and Sustainability.
The role is varied and includes:
- Building strong relationships and networks within Facilities Management, Land & Property and across other Services such as Greener Futures.
- Leading in the delivery of monthly supplier-fed insight reports for discussion with Land & Property and with the Services.
- Working closely with our Assistant Director, Head of FM Service, Customer Experience Managers and Officers to review all the services that the Service Directorates receive, in terms of scope and quality, contract, OPIs and KPIs, based on supplier-fed MI and Insight to drive the FM performance of the property portfolio, supplier service improvement and cost reduction.
- Working closely with our Assistant Director, Head of FM Services and Customer Experience Managers and Officers to develop a directorate centric strategy to align the requirements of the FM service delivery to each Service Directorates delivery and transformation needs.
- Working closely with our Greener Futures team to deliver joint activities.
To be considered for interview, your application will clearly evidence:
- Five years previous experience in a similar or equivalent role, with a track record of success in driving business improvements and influencing strategy.
- Analytical degree level qualification; six sigma or equivalent training.
- Experience of driving cultural change and developing strategy to improve customer experience; knowledge of tools and techniques to improve customer experience.
- The ability to travel to SCC and partner sites as required.
The team currently operates from our Woodhatch office in Reigate, but staff will be expected to operate in a flexible way to meet the needs of our customers and work demands, using agile working methods that allow business to be conducted from multiple locations.
At Surrey, our values and behaviours are just as important as our skills and abilities. They shape who we are as an organisation. Find out more about the values we follow.
For more information please find the full job description below and refer to this before submitting your application. We also invite you to read our Life at Surrey handbook to see insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26/03/2023.
For an informal discussion, please contact Glenn Woodhead by e-mail at [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.