Business Analyst (Payments)
Business Analyst (Payments)
Home. There’s no place like it. And there’s no feeling like helping people create the joy of feeling truly at home.
At Dunelm, that’s what we do. We’re the UK's number one choice for homewares because we make home life lovelier for our customers. And the caring and supportive culture we've created makes this a place you'll feel right at home too.
You might not think it, but remaining the first choice for savvy homeware-shoppers involves some pretty advanced tech. We've recently made our whole company serverless, making us the largest user of AWS Lambdas in Europe (2nd in the world), and we’re bringing more and more tech into our stores. But that’s just the beginning.
Join our Tech Team and you’ll not only be part of stimulating projects that are making an impact across our business, but you’ll be also somewhere you can build a long-term career that always promises to challenge and excite.
Find your happy place.
About Business Analysis
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our agile tribe who focus on maintaining and enhancing the payment architecture and landscape utilised at Dunelm and associated integrations across the Dunelm estate.
At Dunelm we are working in a hybrid manner, which means you are able to work wherever you feel at home, this could be at your base location at ourDigital Technology Centre in Syston, Leicester, or our London office or at home, it is a balance of what works for you and your team.
Behaviours / Values
Our shared values of 'act like owners', 'keep listening and learning', 'long term thinking', and 'stronger together' help ensure we are always finding better ways of doing things and spending our time focusing on what’s important.
As a Business Analyst with us; we value team work and collaboration. This means building trust with colleagues, communicating in engaging ways and sharing information to enable understanding.
It is also important to have courage and challenge stakeholders when things can be improved, or alternative options could be considered. Having a can-do attitude and self-awareness will propel your career forwards.
The successful Business Analyst will work closely with the Product Manager, Agile Delivery Lead, Quality Engineers, Engineers and business stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the team is delivering the right outcomes for Dunelm and its customers.
Building strong relationships is key as you will help the business understand concerns, dependencies as well as potential blockers and conflicts. In capturing this information in robust requirements, you will help enable a smooth delivery pipeline.
You will also become a member of our thriving Business Analysis Chapter, a place where you will give and receive support to work on both your competencies and your craft with like-minded individuals and leaders.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with users, key stakeholders and project team to translate business requirements into meaningful work increments with clear scope definition for the development team to build and test
- Support the project team to help implement various payment-based products and supporting services across the checkout domain
- Collaborating with various third parties to support implementation of deliverables
- Understand any technical solutions and validate the work produced by the team
- Write clear acceptance criteria (using BDD format is a real advantage) supporting the delivery and release process
- Participate in team ceremonies, facilitating where necessary
If you are positive, self-motivated and can collaborate coherently in a team, then this could be the role for you. You will know what a good BA looks like and the value our skills can bring. You will know how to work with initiatives from ideation to delivery using a variety of tools and techniques that will produce high quality analysis and requirements and you won’t be afraid to share this information to help others grow.
Other key qualities include:
- Experience working to tight deadlines – at pace where necessary
- Ability to be able to work with the project team on multiple outcomes
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- The ability to build strong relationships and networks, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing work priorities
- Previous Agile experience is advantageous
- Experience of working within a retail-based payments environment desirable but not essential
- An inquisitive mindset, curious about how systems, processes and operations work
We recruit people from all types of backgrounds, who share our entrepreneurial, hands-on approach to work. We are committed to creating a full inclusive environment that is representative of our customers and locations. We recognise the value and importance in inclusion and diversity and welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of sex, age, race, religion, disability, neuro-diversity, gender or sexual identity, socio-economic background or education.