BNI Project Engineer
About the job
Job Title:Project Engineer
Location:Bridgwater or Bristol, UK – hybrid – working from home options available
Compensation:Competitive + living & travel allowances
Role Type:Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 49346
Be part of progress
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Engineer at our Bridgwater or Bristol site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Project Engineer role is within our Cavendish Nuclear business.
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group – from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
The difference our new Project Engineer will make
As a Project Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. It's a brilliant opportunity to work as part of the MEH Alliance on the prestigious Hinkley Point C Nuclear project. The alliance work across the project to integrate and coordinate the delivery of all main MEH, cabling and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station's 2,500 rooms.
Day to day, you'll use your technical knowledge to support with BNI piping design and assessment, ensuring the process runs smoothly. You'll coordinate with design reviewers and quality control, supporting with processes and issues when they arise, escalating when needed.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with two days working from home and 3 days working at either at Hinkley Point C in Bridgwater or Aztec-West in Bristol. Candidates have to be willing to travel to Bridgwater at least one day a week.
- A high level of piping design experience in the Nuclear industry. Open to candidates from Electrical or HVAC backgrounds in other industry with the right level of experience.
- Experience of construction of large multi-discipline project.
- Experience of engineering design delivery, requirements, standards, handover and quality needs.
- Understanding of cross-discipline relationships, interfaces and coordination, with excellent stakeholder management skills.
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays. You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Loyalty Recognition
- Profession membership subscriptions – Subscription fees for one relevant professional institute per person per annum.
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curiousbe courageousown and deliverthink: outcomescollaboratebe kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.