Associate Platform Engineer (Databases)
The Scottish Qualifications Authority is Scotland's national awarding and accreditation body. We are trusted to oversee thousands of qualifications that are available in schools, colleges and workplaces, not just in this country, but around the world.
We are looking for an Associate Platform Engineer to work within the Platform Services team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operation, development and maintenance of SQA's database infrastructure and associated application environments. In order to do this, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Familiarity with SQL / T-SQL language.
- Some knowledge of administering relational databases.
- Having previous experience to Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Understanding of networking concepts, including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS and iSCSI.
- Collaborate with third-party support and service vendors to ensure that the systems and services remain operational.
- Understanding Incident, Request, Change, Problem and Knowledge management (ITIL)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff at a variety of levels.
It would be desirable if you are able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Applicants, as a minimum, should be educated to SCQF Level SCQF Level 7 (HNC level or equivalent preferred in an IT related discipline) and/or be able to demonstrate direct relevant experience for this role in the operational management of database servers running various RDBMS flavours at SQA. Also, role model the behaviours associated with SQA's values (Trusted, Progressive and Enabling) in order to develop and sustain a productive and positive culture.
SQA offer a fantastic benefits package in return for your talent. These include but are not limited to a career average pension scheme; staff well-being and health assistance programmes; development.
If you think you've got the skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed in this exciting opportunity please apply below.
SQA welcomes applications from every section of the community. SQA has a Gaelic Language Plan and is committed to its purpose.
Tha Plana Gàidhlig aig SQA agus tha sinn a' creidsinn gu h-àrachdach agus na h-amasan a tha air cur a-mach sa Phlana Nàiseanta don Ghàidhlig.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themself to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.