Assistant Quarry Manager
Assistant Quarry Manager
As an Assistant Quarry Manager based at Hyndford Quarry in the South Scotland Region, you enjoy working in a ‘hands on’ position supporting the Quarry Manager in efficiently managing a busy Quarry alongside a close-knit group of colleagues.
As an Assistant to the Quarry Manager, you will take an active role in supervising all day-to-day operations whilst working towards the timely and cost-effective production of all materials produced on site.
From monitoring plant condition and performance to ensuring effective use of maintenance services, through preventative maintenance schedules, to safeguard the sites ongoing capability; each day is guaranteed to be different.
At Breedon, we believe in providing opportunities for learning and development to all employees; leading to future progression if this aligns with our employee’s career aspirations.
As our next Assistant Quarry Manager, you’ll be responsible for certifying the Quarry is run in line with the operating licence, through statutory procedure checks and reporting. You will place high importance on safety programmes and be key in driving forwards our standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental Management; you will be a leading contributor to the Company’s zero harm culture.
- Joining the UK’s largest independent construction materials group
- Security and stability of a market leading PLC
- Standout employee support to develop your skills both personally & professionally
- Competitive benefits associated with being an employer of choice
Do you offer…?
- Flexible, proactive approach to establish high standards of work performance
- Sound knowledge of blasting operations, crushing & screening and maintenance activities
- Ability to plan, organise and oversee multiple operations
- Effective communication & problem-solving skills
- A valid UK Driving License
With Breedon, you’ll benefit from on-the-job and structured training to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge and skills required to do the role. You will be involved in our annual personal development review program; providing genuine long-term stability and the opportunity for development with continuous training being provided.
What you can expect from us…
- 33 days Annual Leave (inclusive of bank and public holidays)
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contributions
- Sharesave Scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Company Sick Pay
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits Hub