Assistant Buyer Art & Pens
Assistant Buyer Art & Pens
Up to £25k
Based Swindon (hybrid working)
Salary upto £25,000
There is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join our High Street Pens and Pencils/Art and Craft team at our head office in Swindon.
The main purpose of this role is to work alongside the Buying Manager for Pens and Art, supporting the management and delivery of the strategy for the relevant category, providing data insight and analysis on the range performance and helping to facilitate promotional plans.
This is a great opportunity to start your buying career, to learn and develop within one of the leading buying teams in the stationery industry.
- Assisting the relevant buyer to generate new ideas on how to grow sales, margin and supplier income
- Supporting management of the new and existing projects
- Managing effective relationships with suppliers
- Keeping abreast of market trends and competitor activity in a fast-paced environment, to help identify new opportunities as well as changes to our existing offering
- Ensuring the smooth running of promotions and complying with promotional deadlines
- Taking accountability and supporting the team on various projects
The Requirements for the Role:
- Enthusiastic and excited about retail buying
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong ability to prioritise own workload
- Proven ability to work within a team
- Net understanding of business (i.e. buying and stock)
- Excellent numerical and analysis capability
- PC literate and confident in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and Office
- Ideally educated to degree-level or equivalent
What we can offer you:
Annual bonus based on company performance
Hybrid working model from home and in the office
24 days holiday, plus your Birthday off, plus Bank Holidays with an opportunity to buy extra days holiday
Finish at 4pm on a Friday
Competitive pension contribution
Staff discount card for stores and online
WHSmith has a remarkable heritage and we have occupied our place as the ‘Hub of the High Street’ and in our customers’ hearts for 230 years. Since 1792, we’ve grown and evolved into a globally recognised brand, and we’re proud to be that air of familiarity people love and trust. Today, we have more than 1700 stores in over 30 countries across the globe, serving millions of customers every year, and you’ll find us at airports, railway stations, hospitals and on the high street.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, and basis of disability. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.