Area Support Manager Lakeside
West Thurrock, Essex
Job Title: Area Support Manager
Reports to Area Manager
• To minimize theft within retail premises by utilizing security resources as applicable.
• To ensure that staff carries out arrests in accordance with ASCONE principles.
• Carry out training, coaching, and mentoring as required to ensure staff operates to
optimum levels, (e.g. Induction training).
• To lead, manage and motivate a group of staff, to ensure our client’s objectives are
• To ensure adherence to all legislative requirements including licensing, health and
safety and employment law.
• To ensure compliance with company documentation, policies, and procedures.
• Where directed by the area manager, undertake tasks to support the area and
business within a reasonable travel distance.
• Ensure quality standards are maintained and health & safety procedures are
adhered to at all times.
• Develop beneficial relationships with clients, Lodge staff, Area Manager, and Head
• Attend client meetings where necessary, and complete daily, weekly, and monthly
• Expect a balance of being a customer facing, whilst also working with the client and
Area Manager in order to carry out the role effectively.
• To work closely with the Area Manager and Head of Operations to enhance the
• Generate new business leads through local knowledge and relationship building.
• Support the Area Manager to ensure all contracted hours are met.
• Cover Area Manager days off and holidays.
• Conduct schedules
• Cover sickness, absence, holidays.
• Conduct Lodgic: Live welfare visits, & site visits
• Conduct new starter inductions on various sites across the area and assist the Area
Manager with ensuring the Lodge training academy is up to date and staff have
completed the relevant courses.
• Support Area Manager with recruitment and hold interviews & recruitment days
• Support the Area Manager with investigations, disciplinary, and appraisals.
• Support out-of-hours and conduct random night visits (where required).
• Regularly review the Lodge careers portal, view applicants, and create interview
shortlists for the Area Manager.
• Request vacancies to be put on to Lodge careers website for Area Manager and Head
of Operations including role, payrate, hours and job description.
• Liaise with Lodgic (control room) as part of the escalations process.
• Conduct any other tasks as requested by Area Manager.
• SIA Licence
• Self-driven and resilient with a natural ability to communicate.
• Have the ability to remain calm and professional while working under pressure.
• Confident in dealing with all absences, complaints, and staff welfare issues in a
Tagged as: S5