Agile Delivery Lead (Data)
Agile Delivery Lead – Data Tribe
We’re the UK's number one choice for homewares – we’re ambitious about our brand, about being a good company, and about profitable growth.
With 13 million active customers in the last 12 months, we offer over 50,000 products, including our own Dorma and Fogarty brands, across 170+ stores. We operate the UK’s largest Made to Measure factory for curtains and roman blinds. We’re also developing products to help customers live more sustainably by introducing new materials and circular design and broadening our ‘The Edited Life’ ranges.
Our renewed purpose is ‘to help create the joy of truly feeling at home, for now and for generations to come.’ And we have three ambitions: ‘ambitious about our brand’ ambitious about being a good company’, and ‘ambitious about profitable growth’. We’re focused on growing as the number one choice for home, furniture and more, loved by our customers shopping more frequently in a fast-moving, post-pandemic environment.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivery while inspiring and coaching teams to achieve critical business outcomes and deliverables. Taking ownership and accountability with delivery focus, building and leading high performing teams while driving change throughout the department.
About the Role
- Owning the end-to-end delivery of work across our ambitious Strategic Data Platform Programme, enabling us to provide a single version of truth across our business.
- Leading on the planning and execution of work from our 2-year road maps via quarterly planning and 2-week development iterations
- Working with your fellow Data Tribe ADL colleagues, while leading 1-2 cross functional teams in Scrum or Kanban to get the work done.
Behaviours / Values
- We value ‘leading’ over ‘telling’ and so it is important you are a self-aware leader who can communicate at all levels of the business to influence and empower others. You’ll work closely with other Agile Delivery Leads, Principal Delivery Leads, Product chapter, Engineering chapter and Quality chapter to support, deliver and implement project and initiative outcomes.
- You’ll be visible leading by example and help create a community of empowerment and trust.
- Respected as a Servant/Leader of teams who can act as a leader as well as a supportive team member. You will have excellent communication skills, enabling you to collaboratively work across technical, leadership and business teams. Delivery practitioners will require a growth mindset, with the ability to identify opportunities for improvement and suggest new ways of working and spearhead their adoption.
- You’ll be able to foster self-organisation, enabling the team to make decisions and remove decision making barriers whenever possible. You will be an excellent facilitator of discussion.
- You will be passionate about delivering high quality end to end outcomes with a focus on value for our customers. You will utilise your experience as a seasoned Delivery person to implement methods best suited to the complex business opportunities at all levels. You will have an approach of small incremental improvements over big bang.
- Sought out across the business for your skills in coaching and collaboration, especially with agile techniques. You’ll be able to flex between different stances to achieve the best from the stakeholders and teams.
- You will collaborate with Product and Engineering to ensure that you are a close team working together with high levels of communication. A close relationship will be needed to ensure that you are all aware of the budgets, value and when we will deliver.
- We believe in bringing people together to make decisions and great products. This means you will operate across the teams building relationships to create a strong network across technology and business areas. We want you to be able to coach and collaborate to realize opportunities for ways of working improvements across these areas.
- We have a vibrant delivery chapter, and you will be part of that. We will learn, fail, evolve, and innovate together. We want someone who can be part of our journey in this.
- From time to time, we work with 3rd parties. You will need to build up a lasting mutual relationship. You’ll be able to challenge and develop ways of working to ensure that Dunelm and the 3rd parties are operating in a harmonious partnership.
- Demonstrable prior experience as an Agile Delivery Lead working within a startegic Data engineering team.
- Well-versed in building trust and coaching teams toward self-management and cross-functional behaviours
- Interest and understanding of various agile frameworks, methods, and good practices
- Capable of managing work and dependencies across multiple internal and external partner teams
- Experience of using empiricism to drive continuous improvement in planning, forecasting and predictability
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholder demands
- Comfortable reporting on progress and challenges
- High level understanding of data concepts, data and business intelligence engineering concepts and processes and the unique challenges arising from delivering data solutions with Agile methodologies.
- Worked within a cloud first strategic data and BI team
- Delivered complex large outcomes across multiple teams
- Experience of using Scrum, Kanban and waterfall methods
- A people first approach, active coaching of people and teams
This role will be based out of our Central London office, with once/twice a week visits. We are flexible with this.
We recruit people from all types of backgrounds, who share our entrepreneurial, hands-on approach to work. We are committed to creating a full inclusive environment that is representative of our customers and locations. We recognise the value and importance in inclusion and diversity and welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of sex, age, race, religion, disability, neurodiversity, gender or sexual identity, socio-economic background, or education.